This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Kona, we’re all about the freedom and empowerment of the bicycle. We have been since 1988. We’re a team of quirky, fun cyclists, passionate about bike centric lifestyle and community. We believe in cultivating an inclusive and collaborative culture within the shop, and welcome riders of all bikes and abilities. Situated Bellingham, Washington, we have access to countless miles to ride (all kinds of bikes) right out our front door!
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are looking for an experienced mechanic who is organized and detail oriented. Qualified candidates will be passionate about building long-lasting customer relationships, supporting a team of mechanics, and keeping a growth mindset.
Responsibilities will include:
· hiring, scheduling, and providing feedback/reviews for employees
· establishing systems and procedures to ensure quality and efficiency in work
· monitoring inventory and working with our buyer to insure we are stocked with service item needs
· completing repair work with a high standard of quality.
· Collaborating with the General Manager to set and exceed goals, both financial and otherwise, for the shop.
Our idea candidate will have several of the following qualities/qualifications:
· Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
· Team oriented, community focused, and value driven.
· Experience working as a professional bike mechanic.
· Leadership skills: delegating roles and supporting a team. Able and willing to provide on-the-job training when applicable. Strong written and verbal communication. A growth mindset. Team player.
· Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining successful systems and procedures.
· Proficiency in modern and prior bicycle technology and service.
· Confident in full suspension service, wheel building, custom bike builds, e-bike systems of all kinds, and Di2/electronic components.
This is a full-time, salaried position. $40,000-45,000 annual starting rate, with performance based reviews after onboarding period.
Benefits include: Medical/vison/dental insurance (partial employer paid), paid vacation and sick days, industry discounts, and access to 401k plan (unmatched)
We are looking to invest in the right candidate by offering full-time, year round employment, opportunities for growth, and benefits. BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, and women encouraged to apply!
Your application has been successfully submitted.