Commercial Operations Manager
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) North American Holding is firmly in growth mode. In 2021, SSU entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest Sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US. In December 2021, SIGNA Sports United successfully floated on to the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company. In February 2022, we hired a seasoned industry leader and entrepreneur to lead the acceleration of our bike operations. Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new Brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers, and integrating with digital sports communities. Our tennis and bike teams along with the support of our Holding group, made up of Finance, Technology, and Human Resources, are leading SSU’s growth in the US.
Our North American Bike business is united by passion, and not just our passion for riding. It’s a passion for our riders, for our people, and for growth. We love to innovate, give our teams the space to do what they love and the support to do it well. As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure. Join our dynamic team, chart your journey, and leave your mark! As part of our team, you will get to live your passion.
The Commercial Operations Manager will work very closely with the VP of Commercial Operations to ensure that all strategic priorities are supported. This role will work cross-functionally with all areas of the business, including Marketing, Bike Operations, and Rider Experience and will help drive strategic priorities specific to growth of the business through strategic initiatives as well as M&A activity. In concert with the VP, Commercial Operations, this position will aid in the execution and tracking of special projects that reinforce the company’s value proposition and value chain. This will include conducting research and analysis, performing due diligence and evaluating the fit of M&A targets.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: financial modeling, company valuation, financial performance analysis, corporate and industry structure research, due diligence, strategic analyses of companies, preparation of marketing and presentation materials, and management presentations. This is an operational role – if candidates have mostly advisory experience, they must have a desire to transition into an operating environment and they must be passionate about the cycling space to navigate the nuances of cycling customers, competitor dynamics, and value systems.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and align others with the overall business strategy.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making; prepare presentations, materials and overtime come to serve as a subject matter expert for the department.
- Assist in the execution of department initiatives related to process improvement, performance insights, and bookings forecasts.
- Analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Must be proficient in basic project management disciplines and expectations.
- Assist in the conversion of consumer insights and research, historical data, sales data, and principles of segmentation into clear plans with achievable objectives that build brand equity, consumer relativity and contribute positively to business outcomes.
- Maintain policy manuals and Business Continuity Plan documentation.
- Financial modeling experience/skills, company valuation, and financial performance analysis.
- Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present research results and analyses/inferences.
- Work alongside senior leaders to provide commercial insights into M&A targets as well as be able to model synergies and costs under buy vs. build scenarios
- Conduct relevant research and write reports of findings
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or mathematics.
- Must have 2+ years full time investment banking, strategy consulting, or in-house finance experience with consumer products and retail businesses
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of analyzing industry structures including competitor analysis and assessing buyer/supplier power dynamics
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications and utilize search tools to find information
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Solution oriented and results driven; comfortable with ambiguity; innovative and resourceful.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, especially Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Entrepreneurial spirit - excited by the challenges that come along with building brands.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Signa Sports United, North America Bike
As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure.