at Alta Cycling Group
The brand management team at Alta Cycling Group (ACG) forms the heart and soul of our company and culture, accountable for setting the vision, planning, and actively growing our brands, business, and leadership position in the North American cycling market. We own the brands Diamondback, Redline, and IZIP bicycles.
ACG's unique, consumer-centric business model integrates online and offline selling channels. To help us continue to drive growth in 2023 and beyond, we seek a Marketing Manager to build and execute our omnichannel marketing plans and our diverse bike brands.
The Marketing Manager (MM) is a critical partner in our transformation and future. The MM will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing all marketing for each of our brands, building internal stoke, supporting the retail sales team, and ensuring the brand is going out to consumers authentically.
This job is not for the faint of heart. Sure, we love cyclists and other passionate outdoor folks here. And we love our rides for tacos on Tuesday. But we are a small team celebrating diverse experiences and unique ideas. Bring it on! Candidly, the MM job is an “all in” job for a performance-driven leader eager to be a part of a highly entrepreneurial experience. If you appreciate being a little uncomfortable, pushing the edges, and moving fast in a rapidly changing environment that values results, teamwork, and fun, this might be the best job you ever had.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alongside the Creative Director, Strategizes and manages the execution of brand campaigns and omnichannel product launches.
- Contract and deliverable management of Diamondback and Redline sponsored riders and ambassadors.
- Manages external agency partners, ensuring their work supports our business and brand goals.
- Manages relationships and negotiations with event promotors and endemic and non-endemic media advertising partners.
- Manages and supports relationships with non-profit partners in the bike and outdoor space.
Content & Social Media Marketing
- Accountable for implementing content marketing, email, and social media programming and editorial calendar supporting brand, business, and social media channel growth targets.
- Work with the Creative Director and external contractors to develop content and social channel development strategy, programming, and weekly editorial calendar.
- Partner with the Creative Director and internal and external teams to manage and execute the delivery of content to support content marketing and social channel growth objectives and plan.
- Partners with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy. Ensure consistency of messages across platforms and channels.
- Execution of all social media activities, including engaging with consumers and maintaining and increasing social reach on a daily basis.
- Facilitates the social conversation by responding and engaging with social comments, sharing, and posts—continuously monitoring and covering all social sites.
- Owns email marketing as part of content marketing programming.
- Track social media and email performance.
- Researches media and industry trends, monitoring any new outlets that enter the social media market that may have a useful place for the brands.
Advertising, Media & PR
- Support external agency to ensure paid media plan drives profitable engagement with our audience and achieves brand growth objectives.
- Lead tracking of KPIs/metrics of the marketing plan and programs in conjunction with agencies and internal channel leadership; track and report key insights and actions; make recommendations for creative and ad optimization, a/b testing, etc.
- Supports Creative Director in executing creative – including photoshoots, video production, email program content and editing, events execution, partnership development - in support of overall marketing calendar; elevates key issues to timeline to enable resolution and on-time implementation; ensures all internal stakeholders are posted on changes as needed.
- Supports PR agency partners in executing PR/media efforts, including write-ups, reviews, features, events, new product launches, and other news events.
- Strategizes, plans, and executes in-person and online events to engage media, retailers, and consumers. This may include working with existing event and tradeshow personnel as well as planning our own independent engagements.
- Management of multiple budgets, ensuring invoice processing, and maintaining marketing department files, documents, and contracts for the brand.
- Maintenance of internal website data management tools.
- Orders and tracks photo samples, media samples, and demo bikes
- 5-7 years of experience in product marketing, content marketing, PR/Communications and/or social media channel development; ideally in an omnichannel-focused company
- Minimum of 3 years successfully managing and operating content marketing, email, and social media channels on agency and/or brand side.
- Experience in event management and planning.
- Fluent in content marketing, social channel development/management, and respective metrics and analytic methods; not a mathematician; insights-driven.
- Demonstrated success in project management in a brand or agency environment.
Desired Skills & Proficiencies:
- Ability to manage multiple projects to execution/completion on time and on budget.
- Detail-oriented, analytical tactician who loves to execute and get things done and done well.
- Understands basic media math and is confident in the current digital marketing trends.
- Knowledgeable with AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Advertising, SEO, Email Marketing, AMS, SFMC, and other media platforms.