This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join Our Team!
Big companies don’t make great bikes. Great people do.
Here at Dorel Sports, we help people make the most of their bike ride by creating some of the most original, easy to enjoy, and best performing bicycle products.
We make bikes for everybody – as cycling develops and grows worldwide, we’re looking for more great people to join us. If you’re looking to enjoy working in a culture of innovation with a team of like-minded people, then we may have something for you here.
If you love riding bikes as much as we do, then we’re already on the same page. Let’s see what we can create together.
We are looking for an electrical engineer with good mechanical aptitude and firmware experience to work in a fast-paced engineering environment. This is a hands-on position, executing from concept to production. Projects will range from basic research and prototype creation to production support.
- Take ownership of projects from concept through to production.
- Perform research as needed to support new, innovations and/or processes.
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes.
- Digital circuit design, including: PCB layout and simulation, testing, debugging, integration, reliability analysis, design analysis, and power electronics design.
- Development of source control programs and CAN BUS communications.
- Design and build controls for testing and validation of designs.
- Work with mechanical engineers on electro-mechanical product designs.
- Participate in the research, design, and development of new technology and concepts for electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Prepare designs for production release.
- Creation of design schematics and overall wiring plans.
- Create electrical documentation and maintain documentation standards.
- Coordinate workload through the entire development process to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Supplier selection and qualification.
- Participate in technical reviews and assess technical risks associated with designs.
- Support and follow engineering best practices and establish new best practices as needed.
- Follow internal processes, controls, and company policies as set by the company and job function.
- Work collaboratively with Industrial Design, Product Management, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Project Management, and suppliers to meet time, quality, and budget commitments.
- Create qualification test plans that meet international, legal, and CSG standards; troubleshoot testing failures and modify designs accordingly.
- Work with suppliers directly for product design and testing.
- Support fit and function checks at assembly factories.
- Evaluate and tune ride performance by field testing and data acquisition.
- Stay up-to-date with battery and drivetrain technology.
- Work in versatile international teams.
- Travel as needed.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BS Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3-8 years of experience.
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis, CAN BUS communication, and control systems.
- Must be a hands-on engineer with practical experience.
- Understanding of sensors and signal conditioning.
- Ability to integrate peripheral devices.
- Practical experience with typical electrical test & measurement equipment.
- Ability to perform independent research.
- Familiarity with power management system concepts and applications.
- Understanding of motor control concepts and battery management.
- Strong electrical aptitude to solve complex packaging, assembly, and control problems
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to create and prototype concepts in conjunction with mechanical designs
- English language skills.
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions.
- Exceptional team dynamics with the ability to support and cooperate with others.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to handle several projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven track record of completing tasks and projects within the allotted time.
- Experience with Asian manufacturing.
- In depth knowledge of Bluetooth and ANT+.
- Experience working with Industrial Designers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Previous work in a bike shop.
- Chinese language skills.
- Microcontroller programming in Assembly and C is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Travel to visit suppliers and vendors worldwide
- Use hand tools for measurement and bicycle assembly.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401k and company match
- Commuter Incentive Program
- Great discounts on company products
- Employee Wellness Program
- A mix of casual yet professional culture
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for a role with or participate in the hiring process with the Company, please let us know.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English / Spanish
Your application has been successfully submitted.