Event Coordinator & Demo Driver
Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camps
Event Coordinator & Demo Driver
This position is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic event coordinator to travel to exciting mountain bike locations and support the management of our skills clinic events. This role is pivotal to a successful camp experience and will assist the Dirt Series team with delivering amazing experiences for participants and staff at each event.
This position is a full-time, seasonal position, typically operational from April through November, with days off between events and in many cases in exciting mountain bike destinations to ride your bike, explore, and be outside! This position will be required to drive our demo truck to and from all events, and travel allowances and accommodations will be provided for travel days.
This position is open to any individual who is interested in an outdoor industry position, loves time outside, and who may not necessarily be completely qualified - but is open to learning on the job and working closely with our management team.
- Drive the Dirt Series truck and trailer to each camp location, ensuring the safe arrival and management of all equipment,
- Assist with maintaining the Dirt Series truck, trailer and equipment by ensuring it is clean, regular service appointments are completed, and any damage is repaired in a timely manner,
- Support with the packing of all equipment and camp supplies at the warehouse in Calgary, Alberta before and after each road trip,
- Ensure the contents of the truck and trailer are clean and organized before, after and during camp,
- Clean, maintain and repair demo equipment as required including bikes, demo armour, helmets and shoes,
- Inform management of missing or damaged equipment and purchase supplies and/or equipment as needed with management approval,
- Support each event with the delivery, unloading, setup and loading of equipment from the truck and trailer, including the setup of stunts and programming stations, for each camp day,
- Pick up lunches and food items for each event day, as directed by management,
- Assist the Head Coach and in-Camp coaches with daily tasks associated with a camp day - including tasks outside of camp hours that are pivotal to the success of all camps
- Other responsibilities as required by management.
Skills / Requirements:
- Must work well with others, under minimal supervision, and follow tight timelines for each event,
- The ideal candidate is mechanically inclined, willing to learn more about mountain bikes and related equipment, and enjoys mountain biking,
- Must have a valid Class 5 North American Drivers License.
Personality is an extremely important part of this position. The individual selected will be largely chosen based on fit with the team, and ability to complete all responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate is a team player, and enjoys working outdoors with a close-knit team of coaches and staff.
- A clean drivers abstract may be requested be provided prior to hiring,
- This position will spend long periods of time driving a large Pickup truck and Trailer (can be trained on the job),
- This position will be required to travel between 4-6 days a week, with appropriate days and time off, but will not be working a standard schedule.
- Reasonable accommodations and a daily meal allowance will be provided while this position is on the road.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by emailing their resume and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.