Minnehaha Service Coordinator - Administration
Minnehaha Service Coordinator - Administration
This position will have shared responsibilities with the Front End Coordinator, Quality Control Coordinator, & Tools/Consumables Coordinator of the Minnehaha store. They will also have individual responsibilities focusing on: service scheduling, creating and maintaining a labor budget for service, and ensuring Hub norms and policies are followed in the Service Department. This position qualifies as level 4 of the wage scale. Compensation determined by previous experience.
Shared Daily Expectations
● Fulfill all expectations of the Service Technician role
● Coordinate with the Front End Coordinator and staff on all pertinent service interactions (including custom bike builds, new bike sales, accessory installation and compatibility, etc)
● Maintain a clean and organized service area
● Work with the Personnel Committee to hire seasonal and full-time staff for the Service Department and Front End Department.
● Following Hubs norms and policies: communicate in a respectful manner to customers and co-workers, foster a work environment free of oppression, etc.
● Work with staff to ensure that Hub service standards and policies are followed (bottom-line that people are doing double-checks, creating service tickets, documenting component issues, etc.).
- Have a working knowledge of Hub policies and resolution processes.
● Coordinate tasks amongst other workers in service area to ensure people stay productive and focused
● Work with staff to ensure that all customer complaints/ issues are dealt with in a timely manner including service labor warranty work.
Shared Responsibilities (divided/distributed and agreed upon amongst the Coordinators)
● Keep bike storage area current by coordinating the clear-out of long-held repairs and parts buckets, as well as working with the appropriate coordinators to keep the used and warranty bikes up to date.
● Ensure that there is proper communication between the Ordering & Receiving Committee and the Service Department by communicating with the Small Parts and Components Steward (ex. in regards to special orders needed for repairs, product stocking needs, etc).
● Communicate with the Personnel Coordinator when an employee is not fulfilling Hub norms, policies or job description
● Work with service staff to be sure that any repairs waiting for parts are finished in a timely fashion.
● Keep labor prices and skus updated in both Light Speed and written documents, as well as be the go-to person for related questions.
● Schedule weekly repair and quick turn queues
● Work with other Hub Service Coordinators to hold monthly service meetings
● Ensure that system is followed for tool maintenance and organization, repair area cleanliness, and DIY area maintenance and organization
● Keep service policies (ex. double check guidelines, etc), best practices, internal trainings, and standards up-to-date by working with other Service Coordinators and addressing related problems in a timely fashion.
● Work with the Marketing Coordinators and committee to promote service related sales and specials ● Facilitate winter project process for the service department
● Communicate with New Bike & Warranty Coordinator to ensure that all warranty issues are dealt with in a timely manner
● Encourage and remind workers in service department to fill out review forms for other workers in their department
● Maintenance of a repair certification policy
● Schedule employee shifts in the service area, and notify staff of any upcoming changes to their regular schedule
● Work with the Internal Education Coordinator and fellow Service Coordinators to schedule internalService trainings annually
● Create a yearly labor budget and maintain margins of that budget
● Work with the Finance Coordinator: Deposits & Invoices to help any staff with recurring cash drawer issues
● Verify workers’ timesheets according to Policy 4.3
● This position is allotted 20 hours weekly for administrative duties, year round
● This position is expected to fulfill a full time hours commitment (32-40 hours/week), with one weekend shift required weekly; additional hours filled with Service floor shifts
● Must attend monthly General meetings (2 hours/ea)
● Must co-facilitate &/or attend monthly Service Department meetings (2 hours/ea) ● Must attend monthly Finance Committee meetings (2 hours/ea)
- Hourly wage starts at $18.75 with additional consideration for experience
- PTO, plus the flexibility to request additional unpaid time off
- Employee discounts on bike and product purchases
- Paid parental leave available after 1250 hours worked
- Option to apply to become a Worker-Owner after 1000 hours worked, which includes paid health insurance and annual patronage dividends
The Hub Bike Co-op does not and will not discriminate for or against any employee or applicant for employment based on sex, gender expression, gender identity, race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, child or spousal support withholding, citizen or immigration status, or status with regard to public assistance. This policy applies to all aspects of employment at the Hub Bike Co-op, including recruitment, advertising, hiring, training and development, promotions, transfers, terminations, demotions, layoffs, compensation and benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The Hub Bike Co-op
All Types of Bikes For All Types of People