Scope of Role:
The service center lead is in charge of overseeing the end-to-end processes for all types of customer returns. This position is also responsible for providing factory quality service and warranty repairs to our customers. This can include answering technical questions about warranty and repairs, providing excellent customer service. This role will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Manage the Web return platform. Authorize, refuse, and trouble shoot requests; take action according to the defined business processes and policies.
- Ensure proper coordination of daily operational activities of the service center:
- Coordinate the receipt of returns and services.
- Coordinate and prioritize the completion returns and services.
- Coordinate the follow-up of pending services and returns (parts/customers)
- Process service orders including determining what is warranty and what is repair; communicating with customer; and data entry into appropriate system for billing.
- Ensure compliance regarding the warranty policies and data requirements for claiming purposes.
- Respond to technical questions and be able to troubleshoot and diagnose via phone and email.
- Unbox, assemble, inspect, and re-pack all D2C bikes for specific brands.
- Manage, generate and track supplier claims.
- Implement and maintain KPI's and objectives (daily, weekly and monthly)
- Provide the training of employees at other sites.
- Promote continuous improvement and standardization of processes and work methods in order to improve the efficiency and service level.
- Be a key player in establishing the procurement strategy for repair and service parts.
- Implement procedures for new warranty and service opportunities.
- The position might require travelling for training purposes (Frequency is less than 2 time/year)
- Perform other duties as required.
- This position is working actively with both internal and external customer, so therefore will interacts regularly with IBD’s, Product Managers, DC personnel, Logistic, Inside Sales & Dealer & Customer Services. May also interact with Vendor as required.
- Managing the warranty and service processes
- Being the go-to reference for technical question toward warranty policies and processes
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in regard to after sales services
Key Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma is required. Education beyond high school is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales and customer service combined with at least 2 years of experience as a bicycle mechanic or service manager.
- Must have a wide range of product knowledge of bicycle parts and accessories, technical and mechanical knowledge.
Key Skills –
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and phone skills
- Process driven, with a detail-oriented approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel is mandatory.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and manage schedule to complete all needed repairs, maintaining training.
- Intellectually curious and self-motivated.
- Understanding of warehouse distribution operations is a plus.
Discover the Human Side of the Bicycle Business