This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Content Specialist is a passionate creator with a strong understanding of brand strategy and the ability to produce high quality branded content consistently and independently.
They are highly organized and task-oriented with strong communication skills and a keen eye for details. This role is responsible for the production, management and delivery of video and photo content on OneUp’s social media channels.
Working closely with the digital marketing team, their primary responsibility is the output, management, growth and tracking of our social media channels. Tasks include; daily posts, engaging with our community and reaching out to athletes regularly for content. They’ll be working as part of a small, ambitious team with high expectations for output and quality.
A big part of the job will be distilling technical product information into relevant, clear and engaging video content for social media on a regular basis. They’ll be responsible for creating this content from start to finish.
As a member of our marketing team, they will be a key link between our brand and our customers.
- Create and curate video and photo content for OneUp social channels
- Independently manage OneUp social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok)
- Assist in the production of photoshoots, video shoots and events
- Coordinate with athletes to ensure regular content posting on social media
- Support the marketing team with other duties as required
- Reporting on the performance of our channels on an ongoing basis and hitting growth milestones
- Ability to work full time in Squamish BC
- Working status in Canada for the next 2 years
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Agency experience will be considered an asset
- Highly driven with a positive attitude and demonstrated initiative
- Passionate content creator with experience shooting and editing video for social
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
- Understands and embraces an iterative creative process and welcomes feedback
- Strong communication skills and ability to build internal and external relationships
- Obsessed with aesthetics in photography, graphic design and video
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment
- Must be detail-oriented with strong creative and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing would be advantageous
- Highly proficient in Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, etc.)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong bicycle product knowledge is highly preferred
- Ability to travel internationally and occasionally work weekends and outside office hours
- Valid driver’s license
- The ability to travel to and from off-site shoots and events is an asset
Worktime and Compensation
- Full-time, year-round work
- On-site work in Squamish, not remote
- 8hr/day with a 30min paid lunch break
- Work 9 out of 10 business days in a two-week period
- Compensation & vacation days will be discussed based on experience
- A comprehensive extended health and dental benefits plan is included following a 3-month probation period including annual profit sharing
- OneUp’s staff bike loan program helps employees access a bike if needed
- Access to outdoor industry discounts
- Start Date; May 2023
Please include links to your video and photography portfolio with your C.V and a cover letter.
Work Less Ride More