Seasonal* Campground Manager
Campground Manager Vision Statement
East Bluff Campground is a brand new primitive campground based out of Copper Harbor, MI. Slated to open in July 2023, we are seeking a Campground Manager that can lead campground operations and maintenance and oversee entry-level employees. This role will be responsible for the new East Bluff campground, existing Trails End Campground (also in Copper Harbor) and maintenance of remote recreational sites throughout the Keweenaw Peninsula.
The ideal candidate is organized and a go-getter, takes accountability with little oversight, and is equally comfortable behind a keyboard or a chainsaw. A polite and friendly attitude is critical when interacting with visitors to the campground/s. Initially, this will be a full-time seasonal role with the potential for year-around employment in the future.
The candidate must live in Copper Harbor during the employment period. Reports to East Bluff Bike Park General Manager.
Seasonal* Campground Manager | May 15 - October 13, 2023 | Updated 4.5.2023
● Pay starting at $20-25/hr based on experience
● Selected candidate will be offered a free primitive campground site for the duration of the seasonal position. Access to potable water and Privy are included. Camping gear and/or more elaborate housing options are not included and are the sole responsibility of the applicant
Campground Manager tasks:
● Manage Campground Reservations (~20%).* This may include but is not limited to:
○ Website updates related to reservations
○ Social media management – events, closures and announcements
○ Manual reservations
○ Reservation adjustments
○ Fielding client questions
● Assume Role of Lead Groundskeeper (~80%).* This may include but is not limited to:
○ Manage Maintenance Worker/Team
○ Splitting, transporting and stocking firewood
○ Emptying receptacles and disposing of trash
○ Campsite cleanup
○ Cabin cleaning
○ Privy cleaning
○ Mowing and weed-whacking
○ Minor handyman and/or equipment maintenance capability is strongly preferred
● Campground Manager is expected to work weekends and Holidays
● Detail oriented
● This role includes independent work that must be self-managed and performed in a timely manner while adhering to a strict schedule
● Politely and Professionally manage others
● This role may be client facing and candidates are expected to be friendly and polite. You represent our campgrounds
● Can-do attitude - no job too big or small, too complex or too simple
● Maintain a safe and positive work environment
Perform the following for an average 6-7 hour work day for 40 hours each week (6 days)
● Perform manual labor
● Lift more than 50 lbs repeatedly
● Walk, stand and remain on feet
● Work outside in varying weather conditions - extreme heat and/or cold, rain, other adverse conditions and exposure to insects
● Use hand-tools and power-hand tools such as drills, saws, etc.
● Operate small-engine equipment such as leaf blowers, chainsaws, lawnmowers, weed-whackers
● Correctly use and wear personal protective equipment as needed.
● Move safely on uneven terrain
*Note – We desire to create a long-term relationship with the selected candidate. In the future, it is expected that this will become a full-time year around position, and the ratio of time spent on management will increase while that of ground skeeping will decrease