Seasonal Campground Maintenance Worker
Campground Maintenance Worker Vision Statement
East Bluff Campground is a brand new primitive campground based out of Copper Harbor, MI. Slated to open in July 2023, we are seeking a Campground Maintenance Worker. This role will be responsible for performing maintenance tasks for the new East Bluff campground, existing Trails End Campground (also in Copper Harbor) and some remote recreational sites throughout the Keweenaw Peninsula.
The ideal candidate is a go-getter that isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, and should be comfortable working in inclement weather and with various power tools and equipment. A polite and friendly attitude is critical when interacting with visitors to the campground/s. This is a full-time seasonal role.
The candidate must live in Copper Harbor during the employment period. Reports to Campground Manager.
Seasonal Campground Maintenance Worker | June 12 - September 29, 2023 | Updated 4.5.2023
● Pay starting at $15/hr
● Selected candidate will be offered a free primitive campground site for the duration of the seasonal position. Access to potable water and Privy are included. Camping gear and/or more elaborate housing options are not included and are the sole responsibility of the applicant
Campground Manager tasks:
● General Maintenance (~100%). This may include but is not limited to:
○ Splitting, transporting and stocking firewood
○ Emptying receptacles and disposing of trash
○ Campsite cleanup
○ Cabin cleaning
○ Privy cleaning
○ Mowing and weed-whacking
○ Minor handyman and/or equipment maintenance capability is strongly preferred
● Detail oriented
● This role includes independent work that must be self-managed and performed in a timely manner while adhering to a strict schedule
● This role may be client facing and candidates are expected to be friendly and polite. You represent our campgrounds
● Can-do attitude - no job too big or small, too complex or too simple
● Maintain a safe and positive work environment
Perform the following for an average 8 hour work day for 40 hours each week (5 days)
● Campground Maintenance Worker is expected to work weekends and Holidays
● Perform manual labor
● Lift more than 50 lbs repeatedly
● Walk, stand and remain on feet
● Work outside in varying weather conditions - extreme heat and/or cold, rain, other adverse conditions and exposure to insects
● Use hand-tools and power-hand tools such as drills, saws, etc.
● Operate small-engine equipment such as leaf blowers, chainsaws, lawnmowers, weed-whackers
● Correctly use and wear personal protective equipment as needed.
● Move safely on uneven terrain