Senior UX/UI Designer
SRAM is seeking a Sr. Product UX Designer/UI Designer to support and define the interactions between our industry-leading SRAM AXS ecosystem of wireless cycling components and our rider engagement products such as the SRAM AXS App. The UX Designer/UI Designer works across diverse teams within SRAM to gather rider and product needs while iterating designs with a focus on usability. The role is focused on designing the rider's experience with new cutting-edge products and features at the forefront of technology in the bicycle industry. The Sr. Product UX Designer/UI Designer must be a creative and adaptable problem solver: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of the rider journey through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, UI prototypes, and final design specs. The designer must also be a logical thinker, able to work with technical teams of engineers and developers to deliver inspiring interfaces to the user.
- Work across SRAM’s ecosystem of electronic components and software products to drive consistent user-centered experiences for our riders.
- Evaluate, test, and iterate design of our key experiences with a deep empathetic understanding of rider needs, product team input, user feedback, and business needs.
- Design and communicate the user experience and user interface at various stages of the design process that clearly illustrate how software looks and functions.
- Design and maintain UI component library and design system ensuring visual consistency across products.
- Execute final pixel perfect UI designs and package the specs for development.
- Continuously review developed software for visual and functional accuracy and quality of design intent.
- Contribute design for both mobile ioS, Android, and web platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Software Engineers, Embedded Hardware Engineers, QA, Industrial Designers, Design Engineers, and Product Managers to drive innovation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the processes within our cross-functional Agile teams.
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience and UI Design at consumer-focused technology company.
- BS degree in User Experience Design, Visual Design, HCI or equivalent Bootcamp/work experience.
- Portfolio of design projects demonstrating visual design skills paired with logical and creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated proficiency in design and collaboration workflows utilizing software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other.
- Experience designing for modern ioS and Android environments with deployment of at least one mobile application to app stores represented in experience.
- Experience designing for IoT/connected product interactions and/or social engagement platform growth preferred.
- Experience producing custom illustrations, icons, motion, and micro animations a plus.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team. (1-3 one-week trips per year to locations in the US and Europe) *Post COVID-19 travel restrictions
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.