Senior Bike Mechanic
The Senior Bike Mechanic is responsible for building, tuning and maintaining customer and rental fleet bikes. They will interact with guests to determine correct service and sales needs and mentor junior mechanics in order to create premium and transformative experiences in recreation and nature for our guests.
“The budgeted hourly range for this position is $23.00 - 28.50. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience.”
Essential Job Functions
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner to ensure that our guests Return Transformed by connecting them with goods and services that enhance their on bike experience.
- Responsible for properly taking in all retail service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling appropriate repairs and completing those repairs in a timely manner
- Advises and assists customers with their product selection without bias
- Communicates with Bike Service Manager regarding repair and warranty part needs
- Develops and maintains knowledge and expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced
- Assists with bike sales and any other bike floor duties as needed
- Responsible for maintaining rental bike fleet, reducing repair turn around time and maintaining premium service quality standards
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years previous bike mechanic experience and bike knowledge is required
- Ability to be autonomous, prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work both independently and lead or participate in a team environment
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction well
- Ability to provide clear written instructions
- Acceptable appearance and demeanor
- Ability to create an excellent customer and team experience
- Good time management skills
- Familiarity with modern drivetrain systems including Etap and DI2
- Proficient with major hydraulic braking systems
- Knowledge of suspension diagnosis and service
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.