Digital Content Creator — PeopleForBikes Foundation
Title: Digital Content Creator — PeopleForBikes Foundation
Location: Boulder, CO (Remote possible)
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible and more fun. Our mission is to get more people on bikes more often and make every bike ride better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 285 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members and nearly 1.4 million individuals. The U.S. bicycle industry contributes $88 billion annually to the U.S. economy and supports more than 780,000 jobs. The PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association, while the PeopleForBikes Foundation supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits, backing crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
The PeopleForBikes Foundation is hiring a digital storyteller who is passionate about the power of the bike and can visually bring the essence of its Ride Spot platform to life. This individual would manage digital content production, including Ride Stories, social media posts and website collateral. They would oversee the accuracy and details of stories, such as layout and visual components, and develop materials for specific audiences and demographics. An eye for detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced setting, as well as skills in technology and marketing, are vital for this role. This position will report to senior members of the marketing team and will occasionally require travel.
- Create various digital marketing content (both photography and videography) in line with PeopleForBikes’ tone and respective style guides.
- Create engaging and educational stories for a variety of platforms, including Instagram and Ride Spot.
- Create weekly and monthly content plans.
- Contribute to video, layout, typography and photography decisions.
- Showcase a diversity of voices and types of riders, with a particular emphasis on BIPOC individuals and those from other historically marginalized communities.
- Work with ambassadors and advocates to amplify their stories.
- Assist digital graphic designers with website assets and email needs.
- Assist with photo editing.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Write scripts for and edit video footage using digital software.
- Analyze and test links, ensuring compatibility with smartphones.
- Keep up with industry-related topics that positively impact people's lives.
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts.
- Target content to specific audiences with a focus on trending topics.
- Videography and photography skills.
- Familiarity with Mac-based tools, Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro and Creative Cloud Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively within a team environment and cross functionally.
- Ability to produce high-quality materials while adhering to deadlines.
- College degree, all majors considered, or equivalent experience.
- Drive and motivation to create content and materials that speak to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable and affordable access to bicycling for all.
PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
- Experience in an internship or entry-level video production role.
- Experience in journalism.
- A passion for bicycling.
- Ability to engage and maintain professional contacts.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience of $40,500 to $45,000. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid time off (PTO) policy including 22 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, flexible work schedule including work-from-home options and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan, with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance and a cell phone plan, along with other benefits.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed upon set of team norms is what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. We continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly, with some remote work allowed, and we love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes.
Interested applicants should submit the following via email to email@example.com; please put “Content Creator” in the subject line:
- Resume and cover letter in a single .pdf document. Cover letter should be no longer than one page and briefly explain your applicable experience, including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Portfolio of past work.
Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and more accessible places for everyone to ride starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We want our staff to be reflective of the backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve and to create an inclusive work environment where employees and the communities we serve feel welcomed, valued, respected and received. We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle.
Your application has been successfully submitted.