Vvolt Quality Assurance Associate
Who we are:
At Vvolt we create micro-mobility solutions that empower more people to leave their car behind. We’ve launched with a range of simple ebikes that look sharp and are easy to maintain. Going forward, we’re excited about increasing our offerings to make e-mobility more accessible for more people with a wide range of needs - ebikes aren’t the answer for everyone! Some of us are experienced bike riders and daily commuters and some are excited to help design the perfect e-vehicle for themselves.
Who we are looking for:
Vvolt is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Quality Assurance Associate. Your primary responsibility will be checking ebikes before shipment to ensure safe delivery to customers. Experience working on ebikes or bicycles is not required. If you are the type or person who is curious about how to solve problems, you’ll fit in well with our team. One of our guiding principles is to be hungry for feedback - we strive to foster an environment where criticism is encouraged from everyone in the organization. We hope to bring in new folks who challenge and push the organization and respond well to feedback. If that describes you and you’re excited about micro-mobility, you should apply! We’re excited to train an applicant who adds to the culture we’re creating.
Our QA team is integral to helping Vvolt deliver a different online ebike purchase experience. Your careful attention to detail and accurate implementation of processes will ensure that our bikes are incredibly easy for the customer to assemble and be ready to ride out of the box! As a team member who sees and works on many of the bikes that we sell, we want your curiosity and critical eye to highlight improvements and updates to products. While we don’t expect any experience working on bikes, enthusiasm for micro-mobility and ebikes is a must!
- This role is based in our workshop and headquarters at 2101 SE 6th Ave Portland, a facility that we share with our sibling brand Showers Pass.
- The schedule is a Monday through Friday, 40-hour work week with office hours generally from 8-4.
- You’ll use various hand tools during your working day - we’ll train you how to use individual tools but general manual dexterity is required as is continued use of those tools throughout a shift.
- The position requires standing for most of the shift.
- You need to be able to consistently lift 60 lbs to shoulder height in order to get ebikes into the work stand.
- While you will be trained and supervised by the operations manager, be prepared to spend some work days alone and with minimal supervision.
- $45,000 annual salary to start
- 100% paid medical insurance within 30 days
- 15 days of paid vacation/personal leave
- 13 paid holidays
- 401k with 4% employer match after 1st year
- Free Vvolt ebike after 90 days (access to loaner for 1st 90 days)
- Transportation wallet with ($200 HOP card and Biketown membership)
- Access to discounted bike parts and accessories through our suppliers
- Access to employee pricing on Showers Pass gear
Vvolt sits at the intersection of the bicycle and tech industries, in which white and male people have historically been overrepresented. We are endeavoring to change this through our hiring, internal policies, and ensuring that decision making at Vvolt is filtered through a DEI lens - we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Fill out the form here (https://airtable.com/shr6Ilekd7Nx9fkmI)! Applications accepted until the role is filled - we will reach out to applicants on a rolling basis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.