Social Media Manager Cycling Group
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
Outside Inc is looking for a Social Media Manager to lead the social media execution across multiple channels in our Cycling Group. Outside’s Cycling Group includes some of the most iconic brands in the industry, including VeloNews, PinkBike, Cycling Tips and more.
The SMM leads daily posting on social channels for multiple brands. You should be a creative who knows and loves all things cycling, and wakes up every morning motivated to share great cycling coverage with the world. You’ll work with our editorial and audience development teams to understand social strategy, then create a variety of original social content for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other platforms tailored for each brand voice. You’ll engage with our communities, as well as with athletes and influencers in the cycling world.
The SMM is as data-driven as creative, and you should bring a sharp eye for analytics and a knack for finding relevant insights that will drive social success.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Be posting multiple times daily on social media channels to support editorial and content marketing goals.
- Bring creative social content ideas to the team and continually push for new ways to address our audiences on social media.
- Understand and differentiate between different brand voices, and create strategies to drive positive audience engagement and feedback for each.
- Create social videos with athletes, editors and personalities to engage the audience.
- Work with the sales team to ensure alignment and delivery of any social media requirements.
- Attend editorial meetings and understand calendar, brand priorities and voice.
- Become an expert in the Sprout Social platform, understanding how to create, post, measure and monitor posts.
- Highlight the ability to solve problems and take responsibIlity for outcomes.
- Engage with our community in comments and online discussions.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Understand company social media KPIs and know how we are tracking toward them.
- Be deeply involved in the monthly reporting and social scorecard, ensuring timely, accurate data with useful analysis.
- Present weekly and monthly reporting that show how cycling group brands are tracking toward goals.
- Work to build longer-term social strategies that will deliver audience growth and engagement.
- Work with other departments and brands at Outside to build cross-functional social media content campaigns that promote cycling group initiatives.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Help plan major content initiatives around cycling events and the annual calendar.
- Present new ideas and research on trends, tools and platform changes to ensure that our operations are in line with new features and changes. Recommend and help pioneer new platforms.
- Build a team of social content contributors and influencers from across the cycling industry.
What YOU bring to Outside: (Preferred Qualifications)
- 1-3 years experience in social media and content marketing.
- Fluency in all major social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube) and passion about utilizing and optimizing their features.
- Expertise at running social media campaigns across multiple channels.
- Ability to edit social-first, short form video, create social content like Stories and TikTok.
- A data-driven approach to social media success, and the ability to turn social analytics into compelling insights that inform strategy.
Unable to Sponsor Visa For This Position
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $45,000 to $55,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Life is best spent outside, experiencing healthy, connected, and fulfilling lives - Outside inspires people to discover why.