Associate Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The brand management team at Alta Cycling Group (ACG) forms the heart and soul of our company and culture, accountable for setting the vision, planning and actively growing our brands, our business and our leadership position in the North American cycling market. We own the brands Diamondback, Redline, and IZIP bikes.
ACG has a unique, consumer-centric business model integrating both online and offline selling channels, and we are growing fast. To help us continue to drive growth in 2021 and beyond, we are seeking a scrappy, smart Associate Marketing Manager to build and execute our marketing plans and build our diverse bike brands.
The Associate Marketing Manager (AMM) is a critical partner in our transformation and future. The AMM will be responsible to partner with and support the Marketing Director in the planning, development and implementation of all marketing for selected brands. While the AMM will assist in many traditional aspects of marketing, they will take a leadership role in advancing content marketing and social channel development for select brands, acting as the “Chief Editor” for all content.
This job is not for the faint of heart. Sure, we love “dirt bag” bikers and other passionate outdoor folks here. And we love our rides for tacos on Tuesday. But we are also a small team who celebrates diverse experiences and unique ideas. Bring it on! Be warned, the AMM job is an “all in” job for a performance-driven leader eager to be a part of a highly entrepreneurial experience. If you appreciate being a little uncomfortable, pushing the edges, moving fast in a rapidly changing environment that values results, teamwork and fun, this might be the best job you ever had.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Content & Social Media Marketing
- Accountable for implementation of content marketing and social media programming and editorial calendar in support of brand, business and social media channel growth targets.
- Work with the Marketing Director, Creative Director, and external contractors to develop content marketing and social channel development strategy, programming and weekly editorial calendar
- Partner with Marketing Director, internal and external teams to manage and execute the delivery of content to support content marketing and social channel growth objectives and plan.
- Partners with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy. Ensure consistency of messages across platforms and channels.
- Execution of all social media activities including engaging with consumers, maintaining and increasing social reach on a daily basis.
- Facilitates the social conversation through responding and engaging with social comments, sharing, and posts. Continuous monitoring and coverage of all social sites.
- Owns email marketing as part of content marketing programming
- Track social media performance; create a weekly and monthly marketing dashboard report; lead all aspects of analytics, consistently driving for insights on our audience, our content and social media channel performance; partner with digital agency as needed for analytics/reporting.
- Researches media and industry trends, monitoring any new outlets that enter the social media market that may have a useful place for the brands.
Advertising, Media & PR
- Support Marketing Director and external agency to ensure paid media plan drives content visibility and social channel engagement with our audience and achieves growth objectives for brand, audience and social channel platforms.
- Lead tracking of KPIs/metrics of the marketing plan and programs in conjunction with Marketing Director, agencies and internal channel leadership; track and report key insights and actions; make recommendations for creative and ad optimization, a/b testing, etc.
- Supports Marketing Director and Creative Director in executing creative – including photoshoots, video production, email program content and editing, events execution, partnership development - in support of overall marketing calendar; elevates key issues to timeline to enable resolution and on-time implementation; ensures all internal stakeholders are posted on changes as needed.
- Supports Marketing Director and PR agency partners in executing PR/media efforts including write ups, reviews, features, events, new product launches and other news events
- Strategizes, plans, and executes in person and online events to engage media, retailers, and consumers. This may include working with existing event and tradeshow personnel as well as planning our own independent engagements.
- Assist with monitoring of budget, ensuring invoice processing, maintaining marketing department files, documents and contracts for the brand
- Maintenance of internal website data management tools.
- Orders and tracks photo samples, media samples, and demo bikes
- 4-6 years of experience in product marketing, content marketing, PR/Communications and/or social media channel development; ideally in an omni channel focused company
- Minimum of 3 years successfully managing and operating content marketing and social media channels for a leading brand on agency and/or client side.
- Experience in event management and planning
- Fluent in content marketing, social channel development/management and respective metrics and analytic methods; not a mathematician; insights driven.
- Demonstrated success in project management in a brand or agency environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related major.
Desired Skills & Proficiencies:
- Ability to manage multiple projects to execution/completion on time and on budget
- Detail-oriented, analytical tactician who loves to execute and get things done and done well
- Understands basic media math and confident in the current digital marketing trends.
- Knowledgeable with AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Advertising, SEO, Email Marketing, AMS, AMG and other media platforms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.