Event Mechanic - Nukeproof
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) North American Holding is firmly in growth mode. In 2021, SSU entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest Sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US. In December 2021, SIGNA Sports United successfully floated on to the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company. In February, we hired a seasoned industry leader and entrepreneur to lead the acceleration of our bike operations. Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new Brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers, and integrating with digital sports communities. Our tennis and bike teams along with the support of our Holding group, made up of Finance, Technology, and Human Resources, are leading SSU’s growth in the US.
Our North American Bike business is united by passion, and not just our passion for riding. It’s a passion for our riders, for our people, and for growth. We love to innovate, give our teams the space to do what they love and the support to do it well. As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure. Join our dynamic team, chart your journey, and leave your mark! As part of our team, you will get to live your passion.
The part you’ll play
Our Marketing Event team is looking for an experienced Event Mechanic that can hit the ground running building and maintaining our Vitus marketing bike fleet. This role requires travel to events such as festivals, demo stops, races and dealers throughout North America to maintain and repair our demo fleet to keep the bikes in great condition for an outstanding rider experience. This position works closely with and reports to our Event Lead. The Event Mechanic applies detail-oriented skills, balances priorities, and contributes to a team that fosters creativity and brand growth. Attention to detail to ensure the brand and the product provide the safest and highest-quality consumer experience possible is paramount. Exciting, fast-paced environments where multi-tasking is essential will be part of the Event Mechanic’s routine, as well as frequent travel to industry events, demos, and races is expected.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of the Vitus event team you are responsible for the maintenance, inventory management, and care of the entire Vitus marketing bike fleet
- Participate as a mechanic at the demo tours and other bike related events as an integral part of the marketing event team
- Monitoring tools and parts inventory
- Facilitate a positive customer experience, including fitting bikes
- Resolve sometimes complex technical issues in a timely fashion
- Diagnose and repair/refurbish returned products for marketing, press and warranty work, as well as complete related paperwork and maintain records in company database
- Interact with end-user consumers, provide critical warranty and customer service – solve problems from start to finish
- Provide suggestions regarding product issues based on cycling trends and feedback from the market
- Responsible for the safety and quality of bikes assembled
- Other tasks as required including, but not limited to, setting up/tearing down event booths, assisting Rider Experience Agents during off season, and providing feedback to brand and product managers
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 2+ years’ experience in bicycle assembly especially road, mountain, gravel, and e-bikes
- Excellent mechanical skills; sound knowledge of E-MTB, MTB, their specific components, and technologies; passion for bike industry
- Experienced bike mechanic with strong understanding of cutting-edge high-end bicycles including, but not limited to carbon fiber frames, hydraulic brake systems, suspension technology, as well as rehab and tuning skills
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively interact with riders and team members
- Must be able to work as business dictates
- Ability to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching
- Attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks
- Ability to analyze technical problems and apply professional solutions
- High willingness to travel and drive demo van if needed - travel up to 60% of the year within North America
- Possess an affinity for the customer and a desire to provide the best customer experience.
- Ability to stay calm and positive in agile and high-pace situations
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence and build relationships is critical
- Effective relationship-building skills, ability to cultivate strong partnerships across division partners
- Experience in using all common communication and office tools
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs overhead with use of proper lifting skills
- Must be able to read basic instructions and diagrams in English and must have knowledge of basic math skills
- Ability to do accurate work at a fast pace
- Ability to utilize shop tools, power tools
- Ability to perform physical and environmental checks and document work performed
What You Need To Know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Signa Sports United, North America Bike
As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure.