Demo Technician (Future Demo Driver)
Pivot Cycles is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented person with a passion for cycling to join our team. The Demo Technician supports and maintains the Pivot Cycles demo bikes in cooperation with the sales and marketing teams. In addition to being an excellent mechanic, the successful candidate will need to have exemplary people skills to work with the public while at demos. This position requires travelling one to two weekends per month during the spring, summer and fall.
Demo Drivers are selected out of the Demo Technician staff to go on the road full time when a position is available. Demo Technicians must be willing to transition to a Demo Driver role as needed and be willing to travel full time (11 of 12 months), in one to two years.
- Manage and maintain physical inventory of service parts
- Maintain and adjust product inventory using ERP software
- Assist in cataloging and shipping of service parts to demo teams
- Manage inventory adjustments between demo fleets
- Build new demo bikes
- Prepare, clean and tune demo bikes for employee and local dealer demos
- Service retired demo bikes to prep for sale
- Traveling to and working at selected demo events and festivals
- Assist with the shipping, assembly, and QC teams when necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Work closely with other departments
- High School diploma or GED
- Willingness to travel for work on some weekends and up to 11 months of the year as a Demo Driver in the future
- Previous bicycle shop experience
- Complete understanding of the bicycle – mechanical/components, suspension, etc.
- Complete knowledge of bicycle related tools and their use
- Mechanic certifications are a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Be able to work full-time in a standing position at a bike stand in a manufacturing/shop environment and/or at a demo event
- Organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual
- Able to lift heavy items 50 lbs. or more
Driven by our core value of “Welcoming,” Pivot Cycles strives to build a workplace that is inclusive, respectful, and free from unlawful discrimination, whether based on race, color, creed, age, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristics. We recognize that we grow and succeed as a company by embracing and celebrating diverse voices.
Your application has been successfully submitted.