This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sprockids San Diego is seeking a passionate, highly motivated mountain biking enthusiast to assume the role of Programs Manager. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and with an initial part-time commitment. Pending growth and funding a full-time position may come available in the future. This opportunity is based in San Diego County, will be primarily remote with numerous weekend assignments, and will require travel throughout San Diego County.
The position is funded through donations and grants; therefore, program development is an essential part of the role. The Programs manager will provide the leadership and management competencies to successfully develop and implement Sprockids’ strategic growth goals relating to all programmatic aspects of the organization. The Programs manager will be a key representative for Sprockids San Diego and must positively represent the organization to the community—with stakeholders, agencies, funding entities and at public events. All candidates must have a serious interest in mountain biking and working with youth to promote youth mountain biking in San Diego County. Additional information about Sprockids San Diego can be found at https://www.sprockidssd.com.
Program Manager Responsibilities:
• Implement Sprockids San Diego’s program throughout San Diego County.
• Communicate with the Board of Directors, staff, parents, participants, and stakeholders including facility/land managers, sponsors, and grant administrators.
• Assist in developing, updating, and executing a plan for growth in event participation and volunteer capacity.
• Create opportunities for program expansion incorporating increased participants, increased program depth, and growth into new communities.
• Assist in the creation of Sprockids San Diego’s strategic plan and metrics.
• Be proficient in the of use appropriate software to manage the organization to include Google Drive and Docs, Canva, Monday as well as various parks and recreation permit and event management platforms. Should be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
• Create strategic community partnerships relating to program expansion and youth engagement.
• Actively cultivate, document, and disseminate best practices in all aspects of program administration to include oversight, training, and management of Sprockids contractors.
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of program implementation
• Identify, cultivate, and integrate grassroots leaders within the cycling advocacy community.
• Reinforce Sprockids SD values across team interactions and through relationship management
• Moderate travel will be required outside of San Diego up to 4x per year.
• Be available to work on a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work alone and with no supervision.
• Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Experiences:
• At least two years of mountain biking experience. Mountain biking instructor qualifications are a plus.
• At least two years’ experience in a non-profit or small business management role.
• Experience mentoring and working with youth.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with business-related software, technology, and applications for writing,
presentations, communications, social networking, databases, and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated public speaking, presentation, and group facilitation skills.
• Experience with volunteer leadership development, especially so in staffing or leading
non-profits boards, committees, or workgroups.
• Skill and experience in working in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience and skill in working with government agencies, elected officials, and other recognized officials.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of bicycle and outdoor recreation industries.
• Ability to represent Sprockids San Diego, its mission, and programs in an authentic and credible manner.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a collaborative team environment.
This is a non-exempt, hourly paid position commensurate with experience. Pay range is anticipated to be $22.00 - $26.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume as a single attachment together in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sprockids San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sprockids San Diego
Engaging youth through mountain biking