Fundraising, Marketing & Communications Director
Sprockids San Diego is seeking a passionate, highly motivated mountain biking enthusiast to assume the role of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications Director. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. This is a full-time position. This opportunity is based in San Diego County, will be primarily remote with occasional weekend assignments, and will require travel throughout San Diego County.
The position is funded through donations and grants; therefore, fundraising is an essential part of the role. The FMC Director will provide the leadership and management competencies to successfully develop and implement Sprockids’ strategic goals as it is related to fundraising, marketing, and communications. The FMC Director is a key representative for Sprockids San Diego and must positively represent the organization to the community—with stakeholders, agencies, funding entities and at public events. All candidates must have a serious interest in mountain biking and working with youth to promote youth mountain biking in San Diego County. Additional information about Sprockids San Diego can be found at https://www.sprockidssd.com.
FMC Director Responsibilities:
• Assist in the implementation of Sprockids San Diego’s program throughout San Diego County.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of Sprockids San Diego’s strategic plan and metrics as it relates to the fundraising, marketing and communications role.
• Facilitate the development of creative, organic, and exciting marketing and communications plans.
• Define and use appropriate software to manage the FMC role including Wix web interface, Peachjar, Monday and Canva. Should be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
• Manage web bookings and integrate participant rosters, marketing, communications, and all other relevant materials through organizational management platform such as Monday.
• Coordinate with Programs Manager in the planning, management and staffing of community based Sprockids events as well as other community and partner events. This includes Sprockids events such as Shredfest or Bike Party, and partner events such as Cyclovia, Trailfest, etc.
• Collaborate with Programs Manager to create a volunteer database and promote Sprockids programing to potential volunteers to attract them.
· Develop, update, and execute a plan for growth in grants, donations, and other funding.
· Work with sponsors and other organizations to promote Sprockids programs, events, fundraising and advocacy initiatives.
· Fundraise through grant writing, corporate engagement, donor engagement, partnerships, and fundraising events.
· Create grant budgets upon grant awarding for presentation and approval by the Board of Directors.
• Develop, implement & execute creative and strategic marketing plans and content for Sprockids programs, campaigns, and events with a focus on attracting parents as well as cultivating donors and sponsors.
• Create engaging social media content to represent the mission of Sprockids.
• Support and implement sponsor marketing obligations.
• Create, order, and distribute print marketing material such as banners, brochures, signage, T-shirts and other materials as needed.
• Creatively produce and/or source digital content and assets to support implementation, promotion, and coverage of all programs and events with a cohesive look-and-feel in Sprockids brand guidelines across multiple communications channels.
• Maintain, improve, and update the website regularly in collaboration with staff/volunteers/BOD making it fresh and relevant.
• Coordinate with contributing photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and writers, including contractors and volunteers.
· Manage & coordinate all Sprockids web presence, social media platforms, email campaigns and newsletters.
· Create and distribute a public bi-monthly events marketing Email.
• Provide analysis and reports to present to Board of Directors regarding marketing and communications activities quarterly and annually.
• Work proactively with staff, coaches, and the Board of Directors to develop, communicate and implement marketing plans for programs, campaigns and events including timelines with expected metrics.
• Assist with developing clear, crisp messaging for Sprockids staff and volunteer leaders for public events.
• Create, maintain, and execute a communications calendar to communicate and support Sprockids programs and initiatives with expected metrics.
• Communicate with the Board of Directors, parents, participants, and stakeholders including facility/land managers, sponsors, and grant administrators.
• Organize and distribute parent and participant surveys. Communicate with parent, participant, and stakeholder inquiries.
• Help coordinate and facilitate internal communications between coaches, staff, board of directors, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
• Contribute to fundraising and outreach efforts through the development of targeted email outreach.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Attend and participate in bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings.
• Moderate travel will be required outside of San Diego up to 4x per year.
• Work on a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work alone and with no supervision.
• Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
Desired Qualifications and Experiences:
• At least two years of mountain biking experience. Mountain biking instructor qualifications are desired.
• At least two years of experience in a non-profit or small business management role.
• Experience mentoring and working with youth.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with business-related software, technology, and applications for writing,
presentations, communications, social networking, databases, and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated public speaking, presentation, and group facilitation skills.
• Skill and experience in working in a collaborative team environment.
• Fundraising and/or relevant business development or sales experience.
• Experience and skill in working with government agencies, elected officials, and other recognized officials.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of bicycle and outdoor recreation industries.
• Ability to represent Sprockids San Diego, its mission, and programs in an authentic and credible manner.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a collaborative team environment.
This is an exempt, salaried position. Minimum starting salary of $65,000, increased salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume as a single attachment together in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sprockids San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sprockids San Diego
Engaging youth through mountain biking