Title: Gear Advisor (Inside Sales Representative)
Department: Sales & Customer Relations
Reports To: Assistant Sales Manager
Hours Required: Full-time, non-exempt
Location: Hybrid Preferred (1-2 days/wk in office) or Remote (CA, OR, MN only)
We are looking for a bike nerd to serve our customers! Solve technical problems, compatibility issues and help our customers build the bike of their dreams.
Company perks include:
- 100% employee coverage for medical
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Employee Purchase Program – get full inventory at cost
- Access to ride the latest releases in new bike technology via our bike demo program
Starting at $18.00/per hour + Commission Plan
Summary of Primary Functions:
The Gear Advisor builds strong relationships with customers by providing solutions through consultative selling. This role is the primary link between Jenson USA and its customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shows our customer the love at every opportunity!
- Achieves the department’s goals through individual accountability and collaboration with team members, demonstrating a highly motivated attitude.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on industry changes, new products and trends.
- Use sound judgement in competitive situations to gain market share.
- Remains accessible in the phone que, responding to incoming calls to promote sales.
- Manages live chat to promote sales.
- Builds an immediate rapport with customers via phone, chat, email and text.
- Engages with and advises customers to determine the gear (product) that best meets the customer’s needs.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers through follow-up on current and past orders. Anticipates customer’s needs and identifies opportunities for up- and cross-selling.
- Keeps detailed notes of customer interactions to ensure appropriate follow up and follow through.
- Responds to customers technical and compatibility questions.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history, identifying alternate means for filling orders, and notifying managers and customers of resolutions.
- Resolves escalated issues via telephone, email, and chat in a way that builds trust.
- Collaborates with the team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Supports team members in the achievement of individual and team goals.
- Provides guidance and instruction to employees with less bicycle expertise.
· High School Diploma, or GED equivalent.
· Strong interest and passion for bicycles
· Cycling industry or bike shop experience and/or demonstrated sales experience.
· Highly motivated sales attitude.
· Exceptional collaborative and team building skills.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office. Technically savvy, computer literate to use or learn other software programs.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for full-time employees, including:
· 100% Covered Employee Medical Coverage
· Dental and Vision Insurance
· 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
· 7 Paid Holidays
· Employee Purchase Program: Inventory offered at cost to employees
· Bike Demo Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
Jenson USA is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Jenson USA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our purpose is to inspire people to Ride, Experience, and Explore. We bring our culture to life through our values. We are focused on a vision to “gro...