Position: Credit/Collections Representative
Reports To: Credit Manager
Execute Company AR collection function to ensure effective cash flow and open customer balances. Supports Credit Manager to achieve company collection goals. Manage a collections territory; assign credit limits to new and existing accounts. Collect past due payments while exhibiting professional and effective communication skills for optimal outcome. Work with sales to maximize the flow of product while reducing AR risk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cash collections, write off decisions and risk assessment for assigned territory.
- Implement company’s credit policy. Assist the resolution on deduction disputes which includes working with credit manager to assess the situation and determine if the dispute is valid.
- Helping the new dealer evaluation process. Setting and maintaining credit limits through financial analysis of the dealer’s financial results year over year, credit research including but not limited to past payment performance, credit group reports, financial/credit report analysis and risk assessment.
- Manage sales territory credit hold process. Working with Account Executives to resolve issues preventing order release and assessing terms based on volume, payment performance, and credit risk.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience analyzing financial statements to assign credit limits and risk
- 2-4 years collection experience within retail/bike industry is preferred
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Exceptional analytical, evaluative and problem solving ability
- Strong customer service experience required
- College Degree preferred in Business or Finance
- Ability to work with sales management to resolve issues and maximize the flow of sales
- High level of organizational skills, integrity, honest, strong work ethic
- Flexible and willing to adapt and accept to change
- Full time, Non-exempt position
Position is located at our corporate office in Newbury Park, CA. No remote work for this position
Your application has been successfully submitted.