This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
The Staff Accountant at Cane Creek, working under the direction of the Controller, is responsible for ensuring that all accounting operations are handled efficiently and effectively, and for overseeing the output of the AP/AR clerk. They will regulate and authenticate financial transactions and maintain the appropriate ledgers to ensure accuracy of all accounting tasks. This person will also balance ledger accounts and confirm/verify bank statements on behalf of the company. To be successful you will need to be organized, self- motivated and comfortable with deadlines and finishing tasks as needs arise.
Daily Responsibilities May Include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the implementation, maintenance and adherence of internal controls and accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Managing reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers, along with balancing AR, AP, cash and other general ledger accounts by reconciling transactions between the GL and statements or subsidiary ledgers.
- Composing journal entries and conducting the month end close with minimal supervision.
- Resolving account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing payments, stop payments, or adjustments.
- Maintaining historical financial records by organizing and filing accounting documents.
- Ensuring that all payments and collections are made in accordance with company policy.
- Maintaining and updating customer, vendor and asset files and data.
- Creating a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures.
- Playing a vital part in the company's financial management which includes all account reconciliations, inventory valuations, income, expense & cash variance analyses and audits, et al.., and reporting to necessary parties.
- Demonstrating an ability to support all other departments within the company by organizing and reviewing various financial data and reporting it in a useful and understandable manner, and coordinating training and information sessions as needed.
- Managing the output of the AR/AP Clerk.
- Other accounting projects as assigned.
- Posting account transactions and maintaining AP and AR subsidiary ledgers.
- Identifying and managing delinquent accounts and insufficient fund payments.
Minimum Qualifications for success:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a Staff Accountant role.
- CPA highly preferred, but not required.
- Team player with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and data entry proficiency.
- Highly detail-oriented with an attention to accuracy, with the ability to self-organize workload, adapt to change and deliver under deadline.
• ERP experience necessary, Epicor experience a plus
CANE CREEK CYCLING COMPONENTS 355 Cane Creek Road, Fletcher, NC 28732 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Your application has been successfully submitted.