This job is no longer accepting applications.
Mason Cycles is looking for a Brand Manager to join the team. This is the opportunity to take up an existing role, as our current Brand Manager of 5 years leaves us to adventure the world on their Mason Bokeh.
A little bit about us...
Mason Cycles is an award-winning and growing bicycle design brand based in the heart of the beautiful South Downs National Park, near Brighton. We are committed to world leading and progressive bicycle design, adventurous riding and the highest levels of customer service.
Our bikes are ridden all over the world and we enjoy supporting and being a part our community. Established in 2014, we're a small team of 6 with all the benefits of being a small business. Our offices are located in a beautiful nook in the centre of the South Downs National Park, based on a family run, well cared for farm.
We export all over the world, have a world-class team of supported athletes and as a recognised leader in adventure bicycles for race and tour, we are very proud to help riders all over the world explore faster and further. ‘FastFar’ and ‘Ride Driven Design’ are important pillars of our lives and design ethos.
Mason has been at the helm of handmade road, gravel and adventure bicycle design for the 6 years that it has been established. Building on over 15 years of progressive bicycle design, Dom Mason's eponymous brand has become known for its unmatched attention to detail, strong relationships with artisan Italian workshops and world-first designs. Through listening to the needs of real riders and our dedication to genuine customer care, we are recognised by a remarkable global community of Mason owners. By staying true to our engineering roots with a drive for progressive design and customer dedication, we've ensured that Mason Cycles are now found all over the world.
A day in the life of...
As a Brand Manager for Mason Cycles you will be responsible for ensuring our brand image reflects the true Mason ethos and is known in the right places. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire creative process for launching and marketing our bicycle designs. You will have to be creative and may have to produce various graphic media, take photos, visit press and studios, as well as managing the events we are involved with. Our social media community is one of our most important platforms and you will be responsible for keeping this running and growing, including interacting with our audience on all platforms. It is usual for the brand manager to represent the company at all creative meetings, including photo and film shoots.
This is a highly autonomous and hands-on role. High standards in all areas and exact detailing are of prime importance to us.
You will also be involved in:
- Planning and execution of all communications and media actions on all channels, including online and social media
- Coordinating products for review with press.
- Assisting with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as developing new business opportunities
- Event involvement strategy
- Supported rider/ambassador liaison
- Creative Direction
- Brand strategy, including the coordination of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
- Establishing the marketing budget in coordination with the financial director for advertising and promotional items
- Competitor and customer insights analysis
- Analysis of sales forecasts and relevant financials and reporting on product sales, working in collaboration with supply chain departments
- Helping to deliver brand performance in line with overall plan
- Derive insight from key data to ensure brand performance is on track
- Ensure the relationship with key media and creative partners is healthy and productive
- Ensuring digital and social is embedded in brand communication plans
How you’ll make a difference…
As an expert in the fields of cycling & outdoor brand management with a global, social, and environmentally conscious approach you will play a key role, with a broad scope of action, in transporting Mason Cycles to its next stage and reaching a wide audience. You will make a positive difference to the riding lives of our diverse supported rider team by celebrating their achievements and empowering them. And, you will be the touchpoint linking Mason Cycles with our global community so we can continue to listen to, and learn from, our riders worldwide and they stay part of our journey.
In addition to being a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work well with individuals at all levels, as the ideal candidate, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience as a brand / marketing / creative manager in the outdoors industry
- Excellent portfolio showcasing creative direction, brand building, storytelling, conceptual and executive skills in integrated campaigns
- Excited to work in a small-team, autonomous, agile creative culture, with the flexibility to change focus for different projects
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships and drive internal and external creatives
- A good knowledge of media content creation methods and skills, as well as newsletter and social media marketing
- A good knowledge of bicycle touring, bikepacking and ultracycling.
We are currently a small team, and the successful applicant will be expected to contribute to many other aspects of our expanding business.
What can we offer in return?
A competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays. The opportunity to work and ride in a beautiful part of the Sussex countryside, on a traditional working farm.
Pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Mason, our values are rooted in respect for our employees and customers. We champion diversity and inclusivity. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we embrace new, different perspectives and creative ideas that grow and enhance our business.
Experience trumps qualifications. Highly recommended professionals with outdoor industry experience should apply.
How to apply...
Please send applications of CV, salary expectation and covering letter through this LinkedIn ad.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The #FastFar Bicycle Co.