This job is no longer accepting applications.
Leh Cycling Goods / Obsidian Leather Goods LLC - We are a high end cycling oriented leather goods manufacturer located in South Austin looking to add a new member to our team.
An ideal candidate will have an interest in cycling and have basic computer skills, as well as experience in at least one of the following fields:
office administrator, art studio, woodworking, fulfillment, warehouse operations, manufacturing, bicycle mechanic, personal assistant, production management, logistics, e commerce
General Duties include a mix of shop and office responsibilities:
- Handling, transporting, cutting and organizing of leather hides for production.
- Printing labels
- Packing and lifting boxes in a variety of sizes and weights under 40lbs
- Packing and strapping pallets of a variety of sizes and weights under 250lbs
- General shop clean up and organization.
- Bagging & packing finished furniture pieces
- Facilitating outgoing freight and UPS/USPS shipments labeling and signing.
- Following production schedule and use of time management software.
Applicants who are motivated to learn will receive additional on the job training in leather work production skills as needed/desired. Some of these possible skills include:
Hand sewing leather, tracing templates, setting rivets, wrapping & forming leather, cleaning and polishing finished pieces, operation of industrial sewing machines, cutting leather hand knives and die cutter, operation of 40W laser, and operation of flat bed CNC router and knife.
This position has potential for growth for motivated workers who are dedicated to learning how to produce luxury grade products.
Willingness to learn.
An eye for detail.
Reliable transportation and ability to arrive at agreed start time.
Ability to accept regular constructive feedback in all tasks.
Ability to use basic computer / smartphone software and apps.
Our starting rate is $15 per hour. We start with a 30 day training period as a 1099 with the option to be hired as a full time employee with benefits upon completion of the trail period.
Your application has been successfully submitted.