Seattle, WA, USA Remote
Who we are:
Fresh Grease is solving the cycling industry’s part compatibility problem by recommending compatible parts for riders’ specific bikes. We are developing website plugins for direct-to-consumer cycling component brands and online retailers to increase customer satisfaction and sales while reducing the customer service needs of cyclists shopping online.
We want dedicated and passionate people on our team to take on big challenges. We value integrity, adventure, learning, and grit, and stand for things bigger than ourselves. Our small team is fully remote, we work smart and hard, and support each other to learn and succeed.
About the role:
This internship is the perfect opportunity for those looking to gain both tactical and strategic marketing experience in an early-stage startup environment. As a marketing intern with Fresh Grease, you can expect to support our team's efforts in developing and implementing consumer-facing strategies across a variety of platforms. You'll also have the opportunity to interact with cycling industry brands and retailers alongside our team in support of our partner marketing efforts.
Success in this role is measured against the company’s marketing metric improvement goals to drive end-user growth, and gain traction with partnering brands in the cycling industry. This remote internship opportunity is a paid position reporting to the CEO.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help develop and implement a consumer-facing marketing strategy to increase reach and engagement with riders in the cycling community.
- Gain experience testing various marketing channels and tools with the goal of optimizing return on marketing spend.
- Support the teams’ partner marketing efforts with cycling industry brands and retailers.
- Create engaging content for social media, website, blog, and other digital properties.
- Track marketing campaign performance and engagement metrics using platform analytics tools.
- Pursuing or completed bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, business, or related field.
- Knowledge of fundamental marketing concepts and strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to complete projects on time while working remotely.
- Aptitude with various social media platforms and experience with visual content creation tools preferred (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.).
- Prior internship or project experience in a marketing-related role is a plus.
This internship will be fully remote during Summer 2021 for a duration of approximately 12 weeks, depending on candidate availability. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week with a consistent check-in schedule developed between the intern and the Fresh Grease team. The internship is a paid part-time position, in accordance with Seattle’s 2021 minimum wage requirements, and benefits are not included. Candidates must have a computer with reliable internet access and will be provided with the necessary software. Interns may have the opportunity to be considered for continued part-time employment with Fresh Grease at the conclusion of the internship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping cyclists find compatible parts.