Finance Business Partner
Specialized Bicycle Components
Morgan Hill, CA, USA Remote
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Are you a skilled finance professional looking for a new opportunity in a high growth business? This person will play a key role in ensuring the best financial decisions are made by partnering with various functional areas throughout the organization. To succeed, you will need to be a team player, intellectually curious, analytical and a strong communicator.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide quality end to end financial business partner service to various functions and business units or regions as assigned. This would include providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight to leaders, challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions and driving business strategy
- Provide new business financial modeling
- Facilitate/help/advise on strategic investments and roadmap creation, tracking and execution
- Communicate and facilitate the continuous planning process with functional areas and provide support to ensure that the process is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead monthly reviews and analysis of functional area spend and ensure that spend is in line with targets
- Assist in developing training materials and providing training to functional areas on various accounting processes and financial systems (Oracle, SEPOS, Concur, Planful)
- Constantly maintain a questioning mind-set, willing to dig deeper into the data to understand the key drivers.
- Analysis of existing business processes and working to improve or adapt new processes as necessary. This will be a “roll-up-the-sleeves” person who will help to improve business processes as the organization grows.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ year’s relevant planning/analysis experience, preferably in cycling or outdoor related industry
- Highly proficient in Excel and financial software applications (Oracle, Planful and Tableau a plus)
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills with ability to interact across multiple functional areas
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and budgeting
- Passion to drive change and performance and a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Confidence to build credibility quickly with stakeholders within and outside of the finance function.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Proven ability to think creatively with strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an ability to teach financial & accounting concepts to non-finance teammates
- Must thrive in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and/or quickly adapt to changes and manage against deadlines
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
If you'd like to get the inside scoop about Specialized - our culture, team dynamics, and more, please reach out to Lknight@specialized.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always looking for passionate people from all disciplines who share in this belief and who are looking to play an active role in inspiring and getting more people on bikes. Are you ready to make a difference?