Ferndale/Bellingham, WA Remote
The Kona Bicycle Company is seeking a full-time employee to work with its global Marketing Department. This person must be able to write at a high level, have a deep understanding of bike culture and media, ride bikes, work well with a team, be willing to dig in and get their hands dirty, and travel to very cool locations to a) work first and, b) ride second. We are accepting all candidates who feel that they fit the below criteria.
Key Candidate Attributes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of Wordpress/Divi, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok and other social media products.
- Experience working with multiple internal departments to resolve issues or implement new procedures.
- Thorough understanding of bicycle terminology.
- Willingness to learn through experience and develop new systems to manage and share information.
- Attention to detail and ability to articulate details.
- Project management experience and skills.
- Experienced with remote work environments.
Job Duty Descriptions
- Social media posting across multiple platforms.
- Newsletters drafting.
- Assisting the marketing manager in day-to-day maintenance of a large ambassador program.
- Occasional on-set help with video productions.
- Help identify advocacy opportunities.
- Photography assistant for our in-house shoots.
- Logistics and coordination of events, media production and more
- Clothing and merchandise program assistance
- Candidate may be asked to travel for work. This may include international travel.
- Candidate should hold a passport in good standing.
Hours / Compensation
- 40hrs / week. Remote work is a possibility.
- Compensation depends on experience
Why work for Kona?
Kona has been making bikes built for adventure since 1988. We live and breathe all kinds of bikes from mountain bikes to gravel bikes, kids bikes to electric bikes, and all kinds of unique bikes in between. We build products for every type of cyclist. We believe in fostering a healthy work/life balance and understand that sometimes, you just have to go for a ride. We offer a competitive vacation, salary and benefits package, lots of very pettable dogs at our headquarters, and the option to work remotely part time.
Interested in applying? Please send an email to jobs AT konaworld DOT com with the following:
Your updated resume with relevant experience (we don’t care if you worked in a coffee shop 10 years ago)
A cover letter that answers these questions:
What’s the most creative viral marketing campaign you remember and why was it so effective?
Where do you think the bike industry misses the mark with marketing?
Tell us about your favorite day you’ve ever had on a bike.
Your application has been successfully submitted.