This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Assistant Manager at Comor – Go Play Outside, you are empowered to create and lead a dynamic, successful, and passionate retail bike and ski shop team. As Assistant Manager, you are a key member of the operational team that reports to the Store Manager and General Manager. As part of this team, your contributions are critical to the success of the store and you have the opportunity to help mold this store in an ever-changing retail landscape.
Essential Job Functions
The Store Manager provides direction and leadership to the sales and service staff. Through recruitment, education and motivation, you will be expected to build and maintain a passionate staff that understands what it means to provide a fantastic customer experience.
You will help guide the direction of the store based on insight, industry trends and historical data, as well as your years of experience in a business-focused retail environment. Your ultimate goal is to assist in producing a successful, profitable store that can continue to thrive and add value. You must be able to enthusiastically achieve the following:
● Maximize store sales and achieve sales goals
● Measure and monitor progress and results daily
● Ensure all staff have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to reach goals
● Help manage payroll expenses to ensure profitability
● Ensure fantastic customer service
● Work with the manager on the creation of annual store budgets and payroll
● Maintain store inventory to help drive sales and have exciting current product available
● Provide a safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff
● Continuously search for ways to improve all aspects of our store
The ideal Assistant Manager will have a passion and love for bicycles and/or skis. You are a leader and motivator, who thrives off of achieving goals and is enthusiastic about mentoring others to achieve success. You are excited for the opportunity to be the person who builds something great while building a team of exceptional coworkers that you are proud to call teammates. On a functional level, you will bring with you the following skills:
● Minimum 3+ years working in a sales-focused environment
● Proven ability to meet business goals
● Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff
● Knowledge and experience cultivating and maintaining an effective inventory
● Proficiency in administering a point of sale system as well as Microsoft Office programs
● Proficiency in interpreting and using financial metrics to drive performance
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated experience in visual merchandising
● Proven ability to deliver fantastic customer service experience
● Possess a drive to create and be a part of something great
● Eagerness to expand knowledge base
The Store Manager is required to meet the standard physical requirements of all of the roles at Freewheel Bike with a few additions:
● Operate office equipment
● Standing for extended periods up to an entire work shift
● Bend, lift, open, and move products and fixtures up to 75 pounds
Your application has been successfully submitted.