Junior MTB Technical Product Manager (HUNT)
The Rider Firm
Partridge Green, Horsham, West Sussex, UK
Full Time Position (38.75 hours per week/ 8:30 – 5pm)
Location: Primarily office based in Partridge Green, West Sussex (may involve more remote work during current covid-19 restrictions)
Salary: £21K (negotiable depending on experience) + significant company performance based bonus.
Team: Product Development and Marketing
Reports to: HUNT Product Manager
Please email your CV (maximum 2 pages) with covering letter to Careers@TheRiderFirm.CC
Role and Responsibilities
The HUNT JUNIOR MTB TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER will be responsible for planning the growth of the HUNT MTB range, monitoring trends and evaluating evolving rider needs, developing new product, assisting with product launches and marketing communications, helping to drive innovation and improvement within the current range, and connecting the product development team with the Marketing, Engineering, Customer Service and other internal teams to communicate MTB category updates throughout The Rider Firm. The position is based at our Partridge Green HQ site.
- Plan and manage growth of HUNT MTB product offering
- Identify future trends, understand the underlying rider needs and work closely with the engineering team to develop products that benefit the rider and adhere to TRF values
- Help make specifications decisions and assist with production schedules
- Assist the HUNT technical team throughout QC process to ensure we are delivering the best possible products for riders
- Work with the E-Commerce team to ensure our website features current and accurate product details
- Help develop product data systems and process
- Communicate technical MTB product information effectively to internal team, riders, and journalists
- Will likely include regular travel (Covid-19 allowing) to industry events, media outlets, suppliers and to meet athletes and attend races
You will most likely be called for interview if you have the following:
- Have a minimum requirement of A-Level grade A in either Physics or Chemistry
- Ideally a degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or Materials Science
- Or highly relevant cycling industry technical product experience
- Ability to work as part of a large team to communicate information
- Show you can be self-motivated and able to get on with a task both individually and as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be advantageous
Principal working relationships
- You will be part of a team communicating with suppliers, product managers, journalists and sponsored riders. To understand and convey the HUNT customers’ evolving needs. This role requires attention to detail, organization, and a comprehensive understanding of the market. Clear, effective, and concise email and phone communication skills are imperative for this role.
- Be available for travel both in the UK and abroad for supplier visits and trade shows.
- You will report to the product manager and are part of a growing team.
- Liaise with other product managers across the TRF brands.
- Work well with a diverse group of people in your team and across our site.
- Immediate day to day duties will be spent working within the Hunt product development and marketing team working on continually evolving current product and developing new product.
- Have the possibility to travel to abroad to other TRF locations as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.