Supply Chain Coordinator
Louisville, CO, USA
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced and productive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people, fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
The primary focus of this position is to effectively execute the creation of a product level forecast and buy; as well as production scheduling, capacity planning, production release, procurement, in-process execution and inventory management. This position will have an Associate Buyer/Planner as a direct report; where samples, purchase order support and secondary factories will fall under their ownership.
The Buyer/Planner is also responsible for executing areas of the planning processes, completing all in season and preseason forecasting at the style level, primary point of communication for all factories, and providing communication to the various PEARL iZUMi departments.
- B.A./B.S. degree required
- APICS Certification preferred
- 2-4 years Supply Chain/Procurement experience required
- Experience with production planning, master planning, and vendor management
- 1 year of supervisor or management experience
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills; including ability to think and plan strategically related to supply chain execution
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple sources of data and prioritize issues towards a singular goal
- Ability to manage multiple sales channels, product seasons, and conflicting objectives (service vs. inventory management)
- Exemplify outstanding analytical skills with the ability to identify and provide a point of view to superiors for reporting purposes, business opportunities and action items
- Skill at working in Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP)
- Must display leadership abilities with the knowledgebase to conceptualize, roadmap and drive improvement strategies and processes for the Buying/Planning Team
- Strong skill level in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Expert understanding in factory production techniques, operations, and processes, including tracking purchase orders, balancing factories, and general delivery requirements
- Proactive thinking, initiative and composure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong organizational skills
- Create and maintain pre-season and in-season SKU level forecast for multiple product families and factories, for multiple distribution points
- Plan and execute procurement plans, including PO creation, scheduling receipts, cost confirmation and date maintenance
- In additional to managing the execution of these functions for the Associate Buyer/Planner who will owner smaller, secondary factories with the same tasks
- Responsible for achieving the overall Supply Chain Calendar timelines, including monthly cycle, new season setup and coordination with Product, Sales and Finance
- Oversee the execution and management of the Samples Business with a continuous improvement mindset to make the process more efficient
- Grow, develop and coach the Associate Buyer in their career/personal development
- Ensure that the Associate Buyer/Planner is supporting all buyer/planners with necessary purchase order changes, tracking and reporting requests
- Negotiate lead times, MOQ’s and chargebacks with factories
- Partner with the product team in managing and analyzing product life cycles, sales velocity and inventory risk across all styles
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust buy plans on a monthly basis
- Manage relationships and communications with factories regarding forecast, production timelines, shipping, quality concerns and capacity constraints
- Manage and resolve challenges at the factory level, including PO delays, development delays, and materials delivery issues, to create win-win solutions. May include negotiation of additional costs related to above
- Expedite, prioritize production, and optimize inventory to ensure we meet or exceed our stated customer service levels
- Monitor and manage performance metrics in partnership with factories
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ride More Do More