Specialized Chicago - Service Manager
Specialized Bicycle Components
Chicago, IL, USA
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
A critical member of the Specialized retail network, the service manager balances excellence in mechanical and technical ability with a passion for meeting and exceeding rider expectation, backed by the power of a great brand. Under the direction of the Store Manager, the service manager will oversee the store service department which facilitates both builds and repairs at the retail store. The service manager is ultimately responsible for maximizing rider-facing operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice to all service staff; solving high level problems; disseminating technical bulletins and new techniques; and detecting and diagnosing shop problems in structural and social interfaces. The service manager works collaboratively and hands-on with staff and local riders as a host, mentor, brand evangelist, and technical service ace and ensures all service staff deliver exceptional rider service; enhance rider satisfaction; and aid in meeting sales and profitability goals of the department. The service manager must also improve rider service quality results by continuously evaluating, and re-designing the processes of the department; informing, communicating, ands achieving service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results of said metrics; and implementing changes accordingly.
- Act as service’s lead representative, setting an example for staff, in absence of the store manager
- Coach and support new and existing service team members to provides “wow” customer service.
- Delegating asks from the store manager to capable and willing service technicians
- Aiding overall profitability of the retail store, namely covering/exceeding the department’s run cost to maximize the contribution to the topline revenue of Specialized Bicycle Components, nationally.
- Overseeing and assigning workload, both when present and not, to ensure efficient flow
- Assist with general store tasks including the following: opening/closing of store, resolving customer service/POS issues
- Monitoring sell-through on all service-specific parts and accessories
- Maintaining primary point of contact with Specialized warranty representative
- Directing staff for when service manager is not present (days off, time off, etc.) so that all service members are working purposefully towards service goals
- Executing service employee’s performance review and is first point of contact when issues arise in service among riders, service employees, and the service/sales
- Ensuring the proper receiving all service work and setting and exceeding rider expectations, including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate number of repairs and completing those repairs within our 24 hour turnaround time frame.
- Advises and assists customers with their product/service selection without bias.
- Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Assists with bike sales with technical consulting, and any other bike floor duties as needed.
- General cleanliness standards are set at store opening, maintained throughout the day, and reset at close of business, including light janitorial duty
- Must be able to work as business dictates, including weekends, sans hard daily start/stop times
- Required to stand for extensive time periods; while occasionally walking, kneeling, or reaching.
- The employee should be able to lift at least 50lbs or more and use proper lifting skills
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always looking for passionate people from all disciplines who share in this belief and who are looking to play an active role in inspiring and getting more people on bikes. Are you ready to make a difference?