Marketing and Sponsorship Manager
The Cycle Effect
Colorado, USA Remote
Empowering young women through mountain biking to create brighter futures and build stronger communities.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Marketing and Sponsorship Manager serves as a full-time, year-round staff member for The Cycle Effect located in Eagle, Colorado.
Development and Marketing Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Development Director on all fundraising and marketing efforts for the organization across all three counties (Eagle, Mesa, and Summit)
- Oversee solicitation of sponsorships and community partnerships for all counties:
- Lead creation of sponsorship packets, support materials, fulfillment of benefits, including advertising and collateral material.
- Proactively identify new potential sponsors, work with existing sponsors and engage in meetings to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
- Plan and execute details for organization-wide fundraising and community outreach events and annual summer fundraiser based on the strategic fundraising plan
- Including all logistics and event details, including generating revenue (invites, solicitation of prizes, to-do list, etc)
- Create and manage peer-to-peer fundraising platform opportunity for fundraisers and act as organization point person in implementing the events
- Responsible for preparation of all developmental mailings design working closely with the Development team
- Create an overall marketing plan and strategy for the year
- Oversee website maintenance and updates, events calendar, blogs, donor communications and e-newsletters via Mailchimp, etc.
- Liaison with media outlets for press releases, advertisements and media coverage, create strategy, budget and monitor effectiveness
- Manage social media sites (posts, campaigns, strategy)
- Spearhead photography and manage photos
- Create talking points and speeches for events and media coverage
- Point person to create and oversee all video production in-house and with videographers
- Work with DoD to manage marketing budget, includes tracking of in-kind/cash sponsorship revenue
- Design, create and manage inventory on all schwag, collateral and office supplies, including: jerseys, socks, water bottles, brochures, rack cards, stickers, letterhead, posters, envelopes, etc
- Production of annual report
- Participate as an active member of the community in key groups such as chambers, rotaries, professionals, outdoor and youth coalitions and attend networking events
- Point person for checking general TCE email and phone system
- Participate as an active member of the development task force
- Development volunteer point person to meet with interested volunteers and potentially determine if they are a good fit
- Must build relationships with key stakeholders and donors
- Assist with other department functions (ie: program practices, administrative tasks, inventory) on an as needed basis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of supporters and audiences to build long-term relationships
- Exceptional computer skills with Google (Docs, Calendar, Drive, Forms, Admin, AdGrants, etc), Salesforce, Mailchimp, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Squarespace, social media platforms and software
- Professional social media experience required
- Must be a team player
- Highly organized with a professional demeanor
- High energy and passion for The Cycle Effect mission
- High level of critical thinking skills and creativity
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with various types of people (participants, sponsors, donors, volunteers, board members, etc.)
- Ability to remain calm and flexible
- Compassionate, dependable, team player
- Self-motivated to initiate projects for the improvement of The Cycle Effect
- Willingness to do whatever is needed
- Minimum three to five years of experience in a non-profit organization with demonstrated success in a marketing and sponsorship role
- Event management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Valid Driver’s License & clean driving record
- Preferably resides in Eagle County, Summit County or Mesa County
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Must be flexible to work occasional night/weekend events and willingness to travel
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must pass a background check
● Salary range: $45,000-$55,000
● Benefits package includes: employee retirement, health insurance, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, ski pass, bike industry, and partner discounts, and continuing education.
How to Apply
● Please visit www.thecycleeffect.org/jobs to submit your official application along with your cover letter and professional resume, including two references.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, April 23, 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.