Fleet Logistics Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bikes Make Life Better designs and operates world-class bicycle programs for large organizations that have a strong commitment to sustainable transportation.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week + benefits and weekends free) Fleet Logistics Support person to service a large corporate bike program at one of our client organizations in Silicon Valley.
The Fleet Logistics Support position optimizes assembly and preventative maintenance processes for staff in the field and warehouse. As a process-oriented position, the FLS will identify opportunities for improvement, plan workflows, lead team members to execute, and update workflows to adapt with changing opportunities and constraints.
The FLS will work with management to develop and update process documents for training, as well as schedule said training. The training itself may be conducted by others, though this role will be responsible for documenting results in a training tracker.
The FLS will be responsible for digitally tracking tasks performed, inventory consumed, waste produced, and tools used; they will also forecast future needs to management in order to prevent under-/over-scheduling, stockouts, pileups, and equipment shortages.
The ideal candidate will possess an intuitive understanding of efficiency and optimization, as well as the finer points of assembly and maintenance. The majority of the time will be spent observing team members, refining processes, tracking and distributing inventory, identifying needs for training/re-training, and planning and tracking training.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Communicate plans and goals to the Assembly and Preventative Maintenance teams
- Directly observe and report Assembly performance using objective metrics
- Oversee warehouse assembly logistics and workflows to meet assembly targets and ensure build consistency
- Ensure in-field fleet repair shift has adequate tools, supplies and training to complete basic repairs.
- Remotely track and report Preventative Maintenance performance using digital tools
- Identify needs for training/re-training based on performance
- Track inventory of vehicles, parts, consumables, and tools
- Restock consumables, parts, and tools
- Identify and report opportunities for optimization to management
Minimum qualifications include:
- Self-motivated, strong leadership
- Project management skills
- Basic mechanical skills and intuition
- Time management skills
- Multitask in a busy, highly collaborative work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A strong desire to share knowledge with colleagues and help them develop skills
- Proficient user of cloud-based productivity software
- $24/hour (weekdays only)
- Health, dental, vision, 401K with 4% matching, PTO, industry discounts
The Fleet Logistics Lead position will be an employee of Bikes Make Life Better, Inc. and will report directly to the Bike Fleet Operations Manager. He/she may also take direction at times from the General Manager.
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
Disclaimer: Protecting your information is essential to us. We may contact you to qualify your needs and interest in Bikes Make Life Better, but we will never share contact details or related information with third parties.
Your application has been successfully submitted.