Sr. Security & Network Engineer
Specialized Bicycle Components
Boulder, CO, USA Remote
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always looking for passionate people from all disciplines who share in this belief and who are looking to play an active role in inspiring and getting more people on bikes. Are you ready to make a difference? Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
At Specialized we’re serious about providing high-impact, low-friction, technology solutions that keep our teammates connected and secure so that we can build the best bikes in the world.
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Security and Network Engineer to support our efforts. In this role you’ll have an unparalleled opportunity to work with individuals across the world to build, secure, and maintain a modern global network. You’ll also be a champion for security and consult on a variety of fast-moving projects. You’ll research, develop, and implement new network and security solutions focused on maturing network operations on a global scale. You’ll need extensive experience designing, securing, and supporting a cloud strategy.
You’ll be part of the Global Technology organization and will report into the Head of Security and Architecture.
Specialized has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture – you’ll need to be curious, innovative, hardworking, and above all collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Design, build, maintain, and secure a global network.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams with a focus on shifting left to help ensure modern standards are built in at the beginning of project.
- Lead projects, collect broad input from multiple teams, define needs, find solutions, and communicate progress regularly.
- Rely on your extensive knowledge of network protocols, software security, threats, vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, and other information to build a security environment that reduces risk and enables the company.
- Champion security awareness and advocate for key security projects and initiatives
- Serve as a leader within the Specialized Network Operations team by leaning into varying security duties including proactive log analysis, development/management of security software, and resolution of security incidents.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Experience designing, securing, supporting, and maintaining modern global network environments and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure
- Ability to independently lead security awareness efforts and policy development
- Experience leading incident response efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
- Passion for automation to scale both protection and mitigation technology
- Experience evaluating and testing new vendor and in-house developed network initiatives for security issues
- Experience researching, building and implementing defensive security systems that are used against internal and external attack vectors
- Experience designing and building out application and network security monitoring to aid in detection or forensic investigations
- Development experience in at least one programming language (Python, Go, etc.) with experience applying that to security tool development, automation and overall programmatic solutions that will be used to defend infrastructure
- Experience building security awareness with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience using a layered security models to defend critical network infrastructure focusing on people, process, and technology
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Security certification(s) such as Cisco Certified CyberOps Professional, SSCP, CEH, CISM, or CISSP
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) services and infrastructure.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
If you'd like to get the inside scoop about Specialized - our culture, team dynamics, and more, please reach out to Lknight@specialized.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always looking for passionate people from all disciplines who share in this belief and who are looking to play an active role in inspiring and getting more people on bikes. Are you ready to make a difference?