Diversity & Equity Internship - Apparel Development
Louisville, CO, USA
PEARL iZUMi Equity and Diversity Internship:
The purpose of the PEARL iZUMi Equity and Diversity Internship Program is to promote a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the cycling industry.
The PEARL iZUMi Equity and Diversity Summer Internship is a paid 10-week experiential learning program designed to reach students representing underserved communities, underrepresented identities, and/or students with a passion for promoting a cycling community that celebrates diversity. Interns will be fully integrated into their department along with having cross-departmental assignments, and opportunities to learn the day-to-day operations of the cycling industry.
Ideal internship candidates are students representing underserved communities, underrepresented identities, and/or students with a passion for creating apparel for the global cycling community.
Summer Internship Dates: June through early August
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi – Why join us?
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced, productive, and inclusive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people, fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
This position will be located in Louisville, Colo., and may have the possibility of being remote or hybrid depending on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of hire, and will be responsible for assisting with marketing communications. We need a versatile and enthusiastic individual who can support our Development Team actions in creating the best cycling apparel on the market.
What you will get out of this internship:
- Work with a tight-knit product and development team, learning about the apparel industry and what it takes day-to-day to build highly technical product for a global brand.
- Build your skills with hands on experience in apparel development.
- Letters of recommendation and access to a large professional network within the outdoor industry to help with job placement post-graduation.
- Hourly compensation (yes, it’s a paid position)
- Discounts on cycling apparel
- A fun, energetic, and productive work environment
Qualifications - What you will need to succeed:
- The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, well organized, and a motivated quick learner who can successfully drive projects to completion.
- Must have the ability to work 40 hours per week consistently. Ability to set a flexible schedule during regular business hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- A basic understanding of garment construction, pattern making, and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Savvy computer skills and a positive attitude are also necessary.
- Experience measuring and fitting garments
- Microsoft Office experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Browzwear, and PLM systems
- Enthusiastic bike riders are desired but not required
Essential Duties/Responsibilities - What you will do:
- Assist team in sustainability goals by inputting product details into software program to analyze environmental impact. Look for opportunities to reduce our CO2 footprint within the development process.
- Support in creation of technical specifications and Bill of Materials in PLM system.
- Assist day-to-day in measuring garments and fitting on models.
- Support in maintenance of tech packs, BOMS, cost files, and samples associated with the product. Keep PLM system data and information updated.
- Assist the team in field research projects: photography, measuring and documenting garment construction details.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
US Citizenship may be required.
DEI Internship Application must be filled out.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.