Diversity & Equity Internship - Brand Marketing
Louisville, CO, USA
PEARL iZUMi Equity and Diversity Internship:
The purpose of the PEARL iZUMi Equity and Diversity Internship Program is to promote a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the cycling industry.
The PEARL iZUMi Equity and Diversity Summer Internship is a paid 10-week experiential learning program designed to reach students representing underserved communities, underrepresented identities, and/or students with a passion for promoting a cycling community that celebrates diversity. Interns will be fully integrated into their department along with having cross-departmental assignments, and opportunities to learn the day-to-day operations of the cycling industry.
Ideal internship candidates are students representing underserved communities, underrepresented identities, and/or students with a passion for promoting a cycling community that celebrates diversity.
Summer Internship Dates: June through early August
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi – Why join us?
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced, productive, and inclusive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people, fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
This position will be located in Louisville, Colo., and may have the possibility of being remote or hybrid depending on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of hire, and will be responsible for assisting with marketing communications. We need a versatile and enthusiastic individual who can support our marketing actions and help communicate brand stories to cycling audiences.
What you will get out of this internship:
- Work with world-class brand and creative marketing team, learning about the bike industry and what it takes day-to-day to power a global brand.
- Build your skills with hands on experience
- Letters of recommendation and access to a large professional network within the outdoor industry to help with job placement post-graduation.
- Hourly compensation (yes, it’s a paid position)
- Discounts on cycling apparel
- A fun, energetic, and productive work environment
Qualifications – What you will need to succeed:
- The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, well organized and a motivated quick learner who can successfully drive projects to completion.
- Must have the ability to work 40 hours per week consistently. Ability to set a flexible schedule during regular business hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- A strong understanding of blogging/copywriting, convincing communication skills, and social media best practices.
- Savvy computer skills and attitude are also necessary.
- Enthusiastic bike riders are desired but not required.
- Familiarity with Adobe photo editing programs
- Understanding of WordPress
- Microsoft Office experience
- Multimedia knowledge
- Social media marketing knowledge
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform awareness
Essential Duties/Responsibilities – What you will do:
- Assist with management and organization of brand assets
- Assist with content updates for the PEARL iZUMi blog
- Perform research on trends within the cycling space
- Analyze social media mentions within the cycling space
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions
- Assist with the creation of marketing and branding materials
- Serve as a liaison with brand ambassadors and cross-functionally within the marketing team
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.