This job is no longer accepting applications.
About The Pro’s Closet
At The Pro’s Closet (TPC), we are on a mission to make the world a better place, one bike at a time. Since 2006, we have perfected the art of buying, refurbishing, and selling used bikes. That’s why our fast-growing company is becoming the largest and most trusted destination for cyclists. As an innovative company backed by top-tier investors, TPC also attracts the best bike industry professionals who are looking to grow their careers. At its core, TPC’s innovative, unique business is all about sustainability by getting more people on bikes and extending the life of quality pre-owned bikes.
As a Technician you have the opportunity to work on the highest quality of bikes across all years, makes and models. At TPC, you enjoy the workload of a bike shop with the pace of a startup that fosters a unique culture of empowerment. You are part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do and plays a part in the disruption of the bike industry.
The position calls for a high level of attention to detail and consistency. Working individually and as part of a team, extended standing, and some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more may be expected. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
Reports to: Production Director
- Unpack, assemble, wash and inspect bicycles and components.
- Complete standardized tasks within a bicycle processing line including truing wheels, tire installation, derailleur tuning/adjustment, and brake adjustment.
- Advanced technical skills of component replacement, brake bleeds, bearing installation, suspension overhauls, truing wheels, tubeless tire installation, dérailleur tuning/adjustment, and final quality control check.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of standardized workstation.
- A strong knowledge of bike frames, wheels, and components across different years, makes, and models.
- Previous professional bike mechanic experience required.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment.
For this role, the hourly rate starts at $16.00-$22.00 an hour based on a 40-hour workweek depending on relevant experience and tenure in the role.
The Pro’s Closet Inc. offers a generous compensation package that includes 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays and your birthday paid off as well as health and life insurance. All employees participate in ownership of the company through stock option grants. We strive to provide a competitive working environment for our bike mechanics.
The Pro’s Closet Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion, or other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Changing the way the world buys and sells bikes and promoting sustainability through the love of cycling.