Store Manager and Service Manager in Sunny Sedona Arizona
Sedona, AZ, USA
Do you love cycling? Do you love to ride world-class trails? We are looking for two managers for our Sedona location. Located in Sedona Arizona our shop is less than a block from the trailhead and has become a major hub for folks starting their ride. We are a destination shop and strive to exceed every expectation that a customer has, both locals and tourists.
3-5 years of bike shop experience is preferred. An energetic personality with enthusiasm for cycling and the ability to convey it to the customer is ideal.
Some duties include:
- Sales - Perform as an exemplary salesperson. Monitor work quality of all salespersons.
- Mechanic - Be proficient in basic repair tasks. Work with the service manager to monitor the work quality of all mechanics.
- Community and Marketing - Engage in community outreach, events, bicycle advocacy, etc. Work collaboratively with the general manager to market Absolute Bikes Sedona effectively.
- Workflow - Create and manage efficient workflow systems for all aspects of sales, repairs, rentals, fitting, merchandising, and inventory back stock.
- Inventory Management and Purchasing - Work collaboratively with other Flagstaff and Sedona managers to keep a good selection of inventory on hand in appropriate volumes.
- General store management- Lead in-store management including but not limited to, maintaining professional retail appearance, open-and-close duties, addressing exceptional customer situations, addressing employee concerns and behavior, addressing exceptional store infrastructure issues, etc.
- Store infrastructure and equipment - Maintain all store infrastructure such as heating/air conditioning, doors, locks, windows, etc., and business such as equipment computers, phones, and internet hardware, etc.
3-5 years of bike shop mechanic experience is preferred. An energetic personality with enthusiasm for cycling and the ability to communicate problems and solutions to the customer is ideal. Problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills are a must.
- Mechanic - Perform as an exemplary mechanic. Work with store manager to monitor work quality of all mechanics.
- Communication - Communicate politely and clearly with customers and staff, and create an environment and systems which enable fellow staff to politely and clearly communicate with customers and staff, especially regarding repair/assembly work and technical issues.
- Workflow - Create and manage efficient workflow for all aspects of bike assembly, repair, warranty, and rental maintenance.
- Education - Keep staff and management up to date on technical aspects of bicycle products and repairs.
- Inventory management - Work with the inventory manager and store manager to maintain inventory storage/back stock for all small retail parts, rental bikes, and repair bikes.
- Retail support - Work with store manager to keep appropriate bike models assembled for the sales floor. Maintain systems for a quick turnaround on test rides and check overs.
- Rental bike support- Work with store manager to keep all rental bikes in best running condition at all times.
- Flagstaff coordination- Work with Flagstaff managers and employees to help keep systems and professionalism consistent in both stores.
- General store management - Assist in day-to-day leadership in the store(s), including but not limited to, maintaining professional retail and service appearance, open-and-close duties, addressing exceptional customer situations, addressing employee concerns and behavior, addressing exceptional store infrastructure issues, etc.
Hourly compensation is based on experience and time commitments for both positions. We offer a 3% Simple IRA match, paid sick leave, sales, labor, and performance bonuses. Managers are eligible for profit-sharing and a personal demo bike. In addition to the awesome local riding, we go on a shop trip yearly and have 100+ Demo bikes available to try.
Please email your resume and cover letter to us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.