We are searching for individuals who are passionate about our culture, mountain biking, and crafting exceptional experiences for our guests through expertly tailored recommendations. We are seeking a bike technician who is experienced and technically skilled in all aspects related to building, tuning, and repairing bicycles. The ideal candidate will be both knowledgeable and passionate about bicycles, specifically mountain bikes, and has the drive to continually improve their service and product knowledge. A high degree of attention to detail and an excellent ability to problem solve are a must. They will contribute to the stores success through customer service, community engagement, and naturally striving to provide authentic and friendly customer experiences for all.
What You Get to Do:
- Complete bicycle assembly, inspection, and tuning.
- Assist retail and rental customers in selecting the proper equipment and accessories for their adventure by thoroughly understanding the gear assortment and the customer needs
- Seek opportunities to elevate the guest experience and exceed expectations through creative and efficient problem solving
- Assess and quote repair work as it comes in the door and then perform work as workflow dictates
- Complete all service work to our quality standard and exceeding the timeframe for the customer
- Provide a friendly, welcoming, humble, and fun environment for all to engage with evo
- Learn, understand, and evolve with dynamic store IT systems, programs, and operational procedures
- Assist in the development of standards and training guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized shop environment.
- Technical ski service knowledge is a bonus.
- Actively participate as a representative of evo at events and volunteer opportunities within the Whistler community.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Work well in a team atmosphere and be self-motivated to deliver quality work
- Vibrant and welcoming approach towards customer service
- Ability to effectively multitask in a high energy, fast-paced omni-channel retail environment
- Comfortable engaging with guests to ensure a welcoming environment for all
- Honest communicator who welcomes the exchange of direct feedback
- Reliable and able to work full day shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Embody, honor, and live our core values: The Great 8
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
- Attention to detail and creative problem solver
- Ability to work full day shifts, both weekdays and weekends
- Available to work around most major holidays
- Experience with full-service tuning, repairs, and building, demonstrating proficiency in the following:
- Disc brake setup, adjustment, bleeding, and repair
- Derailleur setup and adjustment
- Suspension setup, adjustment, and service
- Proper frame prep techniques
- Wheel building and truing
- Frame Alignment
- Deep understanding of bicycle fit.
- The ability to identify issues that may have occurred in manufacturing.
- Ability to assist other production areas of the DC as requested.
- Ensure all Rental shop tasks (check in, check out, upkeep etc.) are completed properly and on-time while delivering consistent and quality work
Perks of Working Here:
- Competitive hourly wage based on the role and experience with the potential for increases based on performance
- A free winter seasons pass and bike park pass
- 40 hours of Volunteer Paid Time Off annually for full-time employees
- Charitable giving match
- Five days of paid sick leave annually
- Access to deep discounts on a new ski or snowboard setup each year
- Employee discounts across our vast assortment of brands and products
- Team ride days and events
- Opportunities to get hands-on experience with new gear
At evo, we are working to build and nurture a culture where equity, inclusivity, and compassion are inherent to how we operate and evolve. We recognize and value the uniqueness of each individual's experiences and understand the power in the diversity of ideas and opinions. Guided by our values and mission to promote more inclusive outdoor spaces, we are working to develop a team that is equally representative of the community we hope to build.
While there is more work to be done, we are in the process of evolving our toolset. We are committed to providing the space, support, and resources necessary for each individual to feel heard and valued. If you are interested in contributing your unique voice to our journey, we welcome you to apply!
evo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe the participation of individuals of diverse ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, and personalities will add to personal development and organizational success. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, and promoted without regard to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital or military status, age, national origin, color, the presence of any mental, physical, or sensory disability, genetic information, gender identity, political ideology, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our Purpose: To make life better by building community and igniting the adventurous spirit that lives within us all