Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
A great place to start is as a Test Engineer. You’ll provide teammates with new test protocol, results, and data analysis they need to make the most innovative and highest quality bikes possible. You’ll also develop a deep understanding of structural analysis, manufacturing methods, and data acquisition, setting you up for a long lasting, successful career with us.
How you’ll make a difference
- Create optimized test plans tailored to specific product based on a catalog of standardized tests
- Perform Data acquisition and analysis to understand the stresses and loads on bicycle frames, forks, and components.
- Design custom R&D tests to validate product designs in the concept phase
- Design fixturing for use in a global test organization
- Perform standardized testing in times of high volume
- Identify high risk designs and raise concerns backed with data and sound engineering to the design team
- Coach technicians and monitor standardized testing results to ensure high quality product
What you need to win
- An analytical mindset. You account for and eliminate as many variables as possible, making your decisions based off data.
- A desire to work with your hands. You will be responsible not only for design of tests but performing them as well. Able to switch from “behind the desk” to “on the floor” engineer multiple times daily.
- Data acquisition/analysis knowledge. Some tools include linear potentiometers, accelerometers, strain gauges, load cells. Software such as MATLAB, Python Lab view ect.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate well across multiple time zones globally.
- College degree in mechanical engineering, physics, material science preferred.
- CAD experience both designing parts and creating engineering drawings, we use Pro E/Creo
- Strong troubleshooting skills, these will be needed for solving problems with product, test design, and repair of shop equipment
Tell Me More
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift 40 Lbs. regularly
- Based in Morgan Hill CA
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
- Dog friendly offices
- Travel to other labs may occasionally be required
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are Riders