Bike & Snow Shop Mechanic
What's cool about this job
Want to work on building and assembling REI equipment on a daily basis? Awesome, then keep on reading to learn more about our Technical Specialist role. Your primary responsibility would be for the assembly of bikes and snow sports equipment to REI and vendor standards delivering extraordinary service to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. Here are the primary responsibilities of what you would do:
- Assembles, maintains and repairs action sports equipment meeting REI and/or/vendor standards
- Assesses customer needs and confirming service and product meets those needs
- Checking in and out shop and rental equipment based on REI standards
- Contributes to sales results by knowing REI products and services, accurately communicating product information and inventory response processes
- Reports significant quality and safety issues to the Master or Certified Technician
- Assists with maintaining equipment and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment
- Support team’s achievement of key goals through individual contribution
- Promote the benefits of REI Membership
Bring your passion and expertise
You live and breathe REI equipment. You’re a builder. You’re a safety maven. At REI, the Technical Specialist is a critical role in the retail stores and has primary responsibility for the assembly, repairs, and maintenance of bikes and snow sports equipment to REI and vendor standards and to deliver extraordinary service to customers both in the shop and on the retail floor. Customers frequently interact with Technical Specialists to ensure their equipment is properly fitted and maintained for their outdoor adventures. Requirements of the Technical Specialist position include but are not limited to:
- Bike maintenance and repair experience
- Successful completion of certification required of the level the role, service advisor and any snow sports certifications required based on store assortment and customer need
- Previous snow sports equipment and/or bike assembly experience or equivalent preferred
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing excellent sales and service experience while increasing sales through service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers
- Interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to periodically lift 40 pounds
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The starting rate of pay for this role is $20.86/hr
To review benefits information, including medical, retirement, and time off visit http://foryourbenefit-rei.com.
***Full Time employees of the Dillon store only are eligible for an Ikon season pass if hired by December 1, 2022 and maintain employment with the Dillon store through June of 2023.***
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The pay for this role is: $20.86 - $29.02 per hour
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A life outdoors is a life well-lived!