Brand Manager - Vitus Bikes, North America
SIGNA Sports United (SSU) North American Holding is firmly in growth mode. In 2021, SSU entered the US market with the acquisitions of Tennis Express and Midwest Sports, two of the largest tennis platforms in the US. In December 2021, SIGNA Sports United successfully floated on to the New York Stock exchange and is now a publicly traded Company. In February, we hired a seasoned industry leader and entrepreneur to lead the acceleration of our bike operations. Our growth has been propelled by acquiring new brands in leading sports businesses and scaling our current portfolio through our end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions, connecting & enabling offline specialist retailers, and integrating with digital sports communities. Our tennis and bike teams along with the support of our Holding group, made up of Finance, Technology, and Human Resources, are leading SSU’s growth in the US.
Our North American Bike business is united by passion, and not just our passion for riding. It’s a passion for our riders, for our people, and for growth. We love to innovate, give our teams the space to do what they love and the support to do it well. As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure. Join our dynamic team, chart your journey, and leave your mark! As part of our team, you will get to live your passion.
What You Will Be Responsible For
Our Brand Manager for Vitus Bikes North America will be responsible for evaluating the business performance of the Vitus brand within our North American bike business. They will determine regional portfolio strategy, product line optimization, and other enhancements to drive brand and product demand, customer acquisition, and sales growth. The Brand manager will lead and build on the brand vision by conducting product research, go-to-market launch campaigns, promotion and pricing planning, and ongoing consumer research and analysis.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop integrated marketing plans for brand campaigns, working in close partnership with cross-functional teams including creative, commercial, operations, finance, and logistics
- Responsible for analyzing brand performance and competitive environment to identify problems, opportunities, and trends, as well as leading reporting and analysis of key business metrics
- In partnership with the marketing analytics team, translate consumer insights and research from customized brand tracking studies into business opportunities that align with the brand values
- Work closely with sales to develop a compelling go-to-market strategy and sales story
- Maintain a pulse on macro trends and the competitive landscape
- Serve as the primary brand lead and guardian and drive comprehensive B2B and DTC go-to-market strategy & product launches by building and maintaining strong working relationships with the commercial team and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Maintain an integral role with feedback and insights to the global product development team
- Author and deliver marketing strategy briefs grounded in insights and incorporating input from relevant teams
- Collaborate with creative team and agency partners as they translate strategy into consumer-facing assets and communications
- Encourage organizational and customer engagement, alignment and excitement for brand strategy and plan
- Drive alignment behind brand strategy with senior management and key commercial stakeholders
- Manage budget and timelines, ensuring all milestones are met
- Become the go-to expert on all things Vitus products, customers and consumers
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS degree in Business or Marketing or related field or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years bicycle brand or bicycle retailer and bicycle or CPG product marketing experience at a brand, creative agency or consultancy managing omni-channel campaigns at scale
- Experience translating rich consumer insights into actionable and compelling marketing tactics
- Familiarity with the latest trends in bicycling, especially mountain biking, gravel, and e-bikes
- Project management skills to manage multiple high-profile and high-budget projects at once
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence and build relationships is critical
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive and careful attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter that can effectively manage time with little supervision
- Strong team player with ability to build strong internal/external relationships
What You Need To Know
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
We at SIGNA Sports United believe that our team-spirit burns brightest when we're together. We also believe in flexible working models. As such, we provide a place for you to come, work and collaborate in any of our offices in the country you are employed in. And of course, you can work from home if needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
As bike passionistas, we believe our mission can and should be an adventure.