Part-Time Membership Services Coordinator
Title: Part-Time Membership Services Coordinator
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
PeopleForBikes works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible and more fun. Our mission is to get more people on bikes more often and make biking better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents more than 300 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members and nearly 1.4 million individuals. We support and promote bicycling’s benefits and back crucial bike infrastructure policies, projects and programs.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms are what drives us to do our best every day that we show up to work. Our core purpose is to make life great, and our core values are to put others first, include everyone and it can always be better.
PeopleForBikes is seeking a part-time membership services coordinator whose primary responsibility will be supporting our membership services department with current and prospective members and supporters about membership payments, opportunities and benefits.
Our membership and development team works to recruit and retain members and promote sponsorships for events and programs that advance biking and the bike industry. The team also provides resources to member companies and works with the accounting team to ensure data and financial details are kept up to date.
The ideal candidate will provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective member companies and colleagues. The candidate will be personable and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Note: PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
- One year experience in sales administration or account management.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience fielding email and phone inquiries.
- Proficiency in using databases.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to handling confidential information with discretion.
- Must be able to work from PeopleForBikes’ headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
- Our office is ADA accessible. This role will require use of a laptop for several hours and the ability to create, lift and move membership packages and labels of about five pounds.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable and affordable access to bicycling for all, especially those from underserved and marginalized communities
- Nonprofit experience.
- Database administrations.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience with Excel import files.
- Office administration including shipping membership materials and event administration.
- Membership customer service tasks: Keep membership records updated and ensure members have access to benefits and troubleshoot membership access as necessary.
- Accounts receivable collections: Work with our staff accountant to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Run recently paid Salesforce reports and pack and send out membership thank you packages to new and renewing member companies.
- Maintain membership records in a Salesforce database, recording organizational data from member companies and adding individuals to the database through manual entry or import files.
- Making calls and sending emails to contacts at organizations regarding all aspects of membership.
- Support membership staff attending events and promotions.
- Shipping materials for events and promotional packets to member companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
This ongoing “at will” part-time employee position offers an hourly rate of approximately $20/hour for approximately 12 hours/week (schedule is flexible). The position is a “hybrid” role — the candidate may choose to mostly work from home but will be required to work from our Boulder office at least one day every two weeks. Benefits include prorated PTO and Paid Holidays based on actual hours worked. This position is not eligible for other benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a combined resume and a cover letter in a PDF via email with “PFB Member Services Coordinator” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes’ Senior Membership Manager Kerri Salazar at email@example.com. The cover letter should briefly explain the candidate’s interest in working at PeopleForBikes and applicable experience. The interview experience will include a screening call, an in-person interview and a final interview.
Telephone, in-person inquiries to PeopleForBikes staff or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and accessible places to ride for everyone starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and will consider alternative ways in which an applicant may have gained the required qualifications outside of traditional pathways.
We are working to ensure our staff reflects the backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. Employing a diverse staff enables us to better serve diverse communities and build an empowering, collaborative and innovative work culture. We strive to create an inclusive work environment where employees from all backgrounds and communities feel welcomed, valued, respected and received. Please see more about our efforts externally and internally at Peopleforbikes.org/careers .
We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle. When you work at PeopleForBikes, you help us do the same.
Your application has been successfully submitted.