Content Creator + Coordinator
We are two brands under one roof, sharing similar operational approaches and key staff. In this position, you’ll join both teams; with the opportunity to work for two dynamic and growing brands:
Showers Pass is a team of outdoor enthusiasts who bike, run, hike, climb and play in the outdoors. In 1997, our founder started to build gear himself to be able to enjoy getting outside no matter the weather: and we’ve grown off of that single principle ever since. We’ve been designing technical apparel for cycling and outdoor activity for 25 years now, and we’re on a mission to get more people outside more often.
Newly launched in 2021, Vvolt E-Mobility designs electric micromobility vehicles that enable people to get where they need to go while being less reliant on cars. We are committed to building a future where human scaled transportation like ebikes, scooters, pedestrians and more join each other in enjoying our shared spaces as we move between destinations.
We’ve launched with a range of simple ebikes that look sharp and are easy to maintain. Going forward, we’re excited about increasing our offerings to make e-mobility more accessible for more people with a wide range of needs - ebikes aren’t the answer for everyone! Some of us are riders, others aren’t (yet) but we’re all excited to find new ways to create transportation on a human scale.
Why and how we want to work with you:
We’re looking for a multitalented content creator who can project the soul of a brand through visual and written media. We’re designers and writers ourselves and seek someone who brings the same passion and precision to their work. Our company culture creates opportunities for collaboration and support: we provide the space for you to do your best work, and the feedback to grow and flourish.
You’ll combine your work with photo and video content, collaborating with the marketing team to craft polished and cohesive campaigns.
Success in this position will include active participation in marketing planning and calendaring, soliciting feedback on drafts and prompt revisions as we move together to keep projects on time and on budget. Your design and copy projects will be creative and on-brand, and you enjoy the challenge of wearing two brand hats and producing content authentic to either the Showers Pass or Vvolt vision.
Our marketing teams are resourceful and hands-on, so you’ll have the chance to lend a hand to other projects. As we are a small team, there will also be opportunities to learn and participate in inter-departmental projects throughout the year. We’re excited to support you as you learn and grow within your position.
This role is primarily based in our Portland office, but we encourage occasional scheduled work-from-home days to keep up overall productivity.
Some skills and experience we are excited about:
- Software: Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop) or similar industry standard creative tools.
- Interest in bikes is great - Intimate knowledge of how they work not required
- Interest in technical clothing is also good.
- An actively maintained design portfolio
- Recently published writing samples
A typical day might include some or all of the following:
- Creative design exploration
- Copywriting for newsletters, product highlights etc.
- Campaign planning / maintenance of creative assets
- Revising drafts of layouts or copy
- Refining processes and systems to aid the company’s growth
- Occasional duties
- Event support - we go to local and national events throughout the year
- Consulting with product design teams
- Assisting with production on photo or video shoots
What we offer:
- 90 Day Initial contract, $12.5-15k DOE
- If hired post-contract, $45-60k salary DOE
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program after 1 year
- PTO – 11 holidays and 10 days of vacation annually
- 9-5, M-F working hours – 60% or more onsite at company HQ.
- Consistent supply of ice cream and coffee in the office
Your application has been successfully submitted.