Associate Store Manager - Silverthorne
Associate Store Manager
Location: Silverthorne, CO
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced and productive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people, fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
Are you a high-energy individual who loves cycling and the outdoors? If so, we have an opportunity for you! We are looking for an Associate Store Manager with experience in retail and/or the outdoor industry. This position, which comes with a $500 signing bonus, supports the day-to-day operations, staffing, and merchandising of the store. Ensures high standards of the company are maintained throughout the store and with all team members. Offers outstanding customer service to each and every customer who walks into our store. Overall responsibility is to live PEARL iZUMi’s values and assist the Store Manager in achieving the location goals for sales, profit and customer service.
This is not your standard retail job – it’s a chance to make a difference in the world around you. First, you and your peers will partner with PEARL iZUMi guests to outfit them perfectly for their next adventure on two wheels; often building a rapport that lasts years as many guests return to the store with feedback, inspiration and excitement. Second, you’ll support PEARL iZUMi’s mission to use bikes as a force for good in the fight against climate change, as the gear you outfit the guest in creates the opportunity for them to ride instead of drive, for everything from fun in the mountains to simple community transportation.
· Assists store manager in training and development of all staff within the store to offer the best customer service in the industry
· Motivates staff to achieve daily, weekly and monthly goals
· Is prepared to open and close store and perform all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager
· Creates an environment of respectful, direct, honest communications with all levels of the PI team
· Assists training staff on product knowledge, sales presentation and POS operation
· Acts as a positive role model for the store team as well as the local community
· Understands and helps to enforce all policies and procedures outlined in the Retail Operations Manual & Employee Handbook
· Ensures the team is focused on building a customer for life with every store visit
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of PEARL iZUMi products, shares with team members and seeks training and support when needed
· Honors our lifetime warranty and makes the greatest effort to enhance the customer’s perception of the PEARL iZUMi brand, even when they are returning product - make it simple for the customer
· Assists Store Manager as necessary with scheduling
· Receives merchandise into the RPro system and operates POS to maintain inventory accuracy, assists with inventory audits
· Assists with execution of physical inventories
· Assists manager with supply and merchandise orders
· Ensures daily bank deposits are prepared and performed according to procedure as requested by Store Manager.
· Assists as requested by Store Manager with all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
Visual & Merchandising
· Maintains corporate visual and merchandising standards
· Ensures all signing and merchandising represents the PEARL iZUMi Brand as the premier cycling and active apparel brand
· Eliminates anything that visually detracts from the PEARL iZUMi brand in the store
· Assists Store Manager with the development of the annual marketing plan and grass roots marketing opportunities
· Represents our brand consistently in all communications. Every communication should flawlessly represent our brand image
· Performs and ensures all store functions as requested by Store Manager including sales, daily opening and closing
· Works effectively with other PI store managers and company employees.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience desired
· Retail experience required; prefer minimum 2 years
· Available to work evenings, weekends, holidays and peak periods on a regular basis required
· Sales and customer service experience required
· Knowledge of or experience in the cycling industry preferred
· Passion for cycling athletics is preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel desired
· Ability to relocate is desired
· Ability to stand on feet all day and lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ride More Do More