Product Developer, Parts & Accessories
Join Our Team!
Big companies don’t make great bikes. Great people do.
We help people make the most of their bike ride by creating some of the most original, easy to enjoy, and best performing bicycle products.
We make bikes for everybody – as cycling develops and grows worldwide, we’re looking for more great people to join us. If you’re looking to enjoy working in a culture of innovation with a team of like-minded people, then we may have something for you here.
If you love riding bikes as much as we do, then we’re already on the same page. Let’s see what we can create together.
The Product Developer Parts and Accessories will execute the business and product strategy to achieve sales and growth in multiple sales channels in conjunction with Parts and Accessories Product Development team and regional sales leads. They will be required to establish short and medium-term goals for the development of parts and accessories product to ensure brand vision and corporate objectives are met for the market. The position will require a unique entrepreneurial aptitude for translating customer needs into desired bicycle product.
- Complete aftermarket commercialization of new and existing product
- Develop, justify, and communicate business case for new product opportunities.
- Identify and communicate prioritized rider needs to provide direction for new product development.
- Develop competitive analysis for different product categories and sub segments.
- Maintain P&A product development roadmap
- Maintain product line list with accurate SKU’s, introduction and discontinue dates.
- Work directly with key suppliers to obtain relevant product information and maintain delivery timelines.
- Oversight of project deadlines for design, engineering, specification and commercialization of products and alert team members to actions
- Develop and conduct presentations on product vision, features, functionality and relevant sales information to internal and external customers.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop sales publications, catalogs, packaging, web content and product launch packages.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sales to deliver accurate regional forecasts.
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
- Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned
COMMUNICATIONS Facilitating Information Exchange:
- Communicativeness: Effective performers recognize the essential value of continuous information exchange and the competitive advantage it brings. They actively seek information from a variety of sources and disseminate it in a variety of ways. They use modern technologies to access and circulate information, even across great distances. They take responsibility for ensuring that their people have the current and accurate information needed for success.
CONCEPTUAL Thinking, Analyzing, Using Intuition
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Effective performers can identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgement. They isolate causes from symptoms, and compile information and alternatives to illuminate problems or issues. They involve others as appropriate and gather information from a variety of sources. They find a balance between studying the problem and solving it. They readily commit to action and make decisions that reflect sound judgement.
CONTEXTUAL Knowing the Operation Environment
- Customer Orientation: Effective performers stay close to customers and consumers. They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understanding regarding market trends.
- Global Mindset: Effective performers see their business in a global context. They look beyond their own borders for business opportunities and threats, and have the transnational skills needed to manage across those borders. They welcome cross-cultural interactions and value the differences among cultures.
- Industry Knowledge: Effective performers understand the general workings of the industry within which the organization functions. They monitor activities and trends within these arenas and maintain a current knowledge base. They use this knowledge to further the organization's goals.
- Organizational Knowledge: Effective performers understand the workings of the organization. Specifically, they understand the formal and informal policies and structures that govern operations and know the essential technologies at the heart of the business. They know “how the place works.”
INTERPERSONAL Working Well with Others
- Relationship Building: Effective performers understand that a primary factor in success is establishing and maintaining productive relationships. They like interacting with people and are good at it. They devote appropriate time and energy to establishing and maintaining networks. They initiate contacts readily and maintain them over time. They can utilize relationships to facilitate business transactions.
PERSONAL Core Intrinsic Qualities
- Initiative: Effective performers are proactive and act without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility, and act on it. They make things happen.
- Results Orientation: Effective performers maintain appropriate focus on outcomes and accomplishments. They are motivated by achievement and persist until the goal is reached. They convey a sense of urgency to make things happen. They respect the need to balance short-term and long-term goals. They are driven by a need for closure.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in cycling industry
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal and listening.
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of trends, market drivers, and customers in the cycling industry
- Excellent financial analysis, data management and business math skills
- Demonstrated success in growing product categories.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software programs such as Excel, Outlook, Word and Teams.
- Sales experience
- Understanding of European and Asian markets
- Advanced bicycle bike skills
- technical and mechanical skills preferably bicycle specific.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for business.
- Mountain and road bicycle riding skills are a must with the ability to ride in adverse weather conditions for multiple hours.
- Use of hand tools.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401k and company match
- Commuter Incentive Program
- Great discounts on company products
- Employee Wellness Program
- A mix of casual yet professional culture
Your application has been successfully submitted.