SAP Technical Project Manager
Santa Cruz Bicycles is hiring an SAP Technical Project Manager to support the development, and governance of our ERP system (SAP S4/HANA) and supporting systems for internal use. You will lead projects that include technical and operational staff and manage cross-functional work to complete ongoing and strategic projects to ensure stated targets and timelines are achieved.
This highly collaborative role will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our business to organize and prioritize the development backlog, while working with stakeholders (both internal and outsourced) to deliver on goals, processes, and communication across departments.
You might be right for this position if you enjoy leading projects across a global business, are effective at communication and consensus-building, and working with cross-functional stakeholders to drive change and improve processes while improving the team's abilities through ongoing learning, and advocating for best practices.
Overall Duties and Major Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Lead project management and execution of technical and business staff on delivering internal tools and processes to support the achievement of overall business goals
- Create and maintain an Integrated Project Plan: Develop, and continually update, detailed project plans. Develop work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensure the implementation methodology is adhered to.
- Ensure proactive communication between stakeholders, internal customers, and development team. Must be able to manage a project and communicate deadlines
- Gain commitment on projects, tasks, and schedules from in-house and outsourced development teams. Commitment to continuous business and process improvement
- Provide Overall Project Administration: Participate in project team meetings, proactively document meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Perform Project Resource Management: Provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identify project resource requirements and staff assignments, check for staff availability, update the project plan with work assignments.
- Manage Project Status Reporting: Prepare status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the project team
Competencies and Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience in project management
- Experience in technical environment/ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Outstanding project management and communication skills, ability to act as the primary project driver and go-to resource
- Ability to coordinate and delegate ERP team members in line with the goals of the ERP program
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation, results orientation and collaboration amongst the team
- Global ERP implementation experience is preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology or related field is required
- Project Management certification and knowledge of Agile methodology frameworks are highly preferred
- Experience using project management software tools, such as Smartsheet, Jira, Lucidchart, Google G-suite to effectively lead, manage, monitor and control project activities
- Eagerness, enthusiasm and ability to dive deep into the details, work alongside technical resources to ensure that solutions address problems efficiently
- Excellent communication skills and a history of leading and driving cross-functional alignment
- A proven history of delivering cross-functional projects, and managing from beginning to end
- Strong oral and written communication,organization,and interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate and influencer
- Positive attitude and ability to build consensus across various stakeholders. Strong self-motivation and ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Reasoning ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, orally, by diagram, or schedule format. Must be able to make decisions based on common sense judgment. Sets benchmarks independent and beyond industry best practice based on clear and defined understanding of what is possible. Restructures organization processes for measuring impact. Pushes to beat goals and personally improves performance.
Strategic Thinking: Creates and implements a strategy that integrates current business issues and initiatives, competitive challenges and opportunities, core values and future needs in a clear, coherent way.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994