Service Writer - $1000 Sign On Bonus!
**$1,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available**
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced Service Writer to join our growing operations team! In this role you will be responsible for inspecting a wide range of bikes and receiving inventory against purchase orders. At The Pro’s Closet, you will enjoy the workload of a bike shop with the pace of a startup that fosters a unique culture of empowerment. You are part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do and plays a part in the disruption of the bike industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Inspecting and service writing bikes to a high standard including suspension components to a pre-specified standard
- Parting out full bikes
- Ordering parts for service
- Verifying purchase order details, applying labels, creating new SKUs as require
- Assessing structural defects to frame and wheels to a pre-specified standard
- 3 - 5 yrs bicycle mechanic experience required, as well as experience with industry wholesale accounts (QBP, BTI, J&B) preferred
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge base of bicycles and components
- You are excited to work in a high growth business and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy a team environment, as well as working on your own, and are interested in constantly developing your skills
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $19-24/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are changing the way people buy and sell bikes to make the world a better place.