The Rider Firm
Partridge Green, Horsham, West Sussex, UK
The Rider Firm (ITS Cycling Limited), home to Hunt Bike Wheels, Privateer Bikes and Cairn Cycles, are seeking a successful finance professional to join our leadership team as finance director in a role that is key to our growth and future funding plans. With support from an established board and non-exec team this is an excellent opportunity to develop an industry leading finance function within a highly innovative and fast-growing leader in the cycling business.
The finance director will oversee all financial operations and financial aspects of the company strategy. Reporting financial information to the co-founders, board, and external parties such as investors and financial institutions, as necessary.
- Leadership of the finance function as the business grows, to continually build effectiveness and efficiency. Developing the team, creating a pathway to an excellent career in finance within The Rider Firm, and making it a great place to work.
- Corporate finance: develop and execute a long-term funding plan ensuring that funding is in place to maximise the growth of a highly successful business.
- Be a key leader in developing and implementing business strategy, always making decisions based on how we can best serve the needs or our riders and championing our company values.
- Responsible for budgeting, financial governance, and risk management.
- Develop financial decision making across the business; providing the information, tools and guidance needed to ensure we are making the best decisions for riders.
The successful applicant is likely to have:
- A record of success at FD level or a senior level of financial management in a rapidly growing business over a minimum of 5 years
- Experience of long-term business funding and successfully bringing on external funding sources.
- An ability to develop a strong understanding of our rider customers – ideally as a rider yourself; or through leadership success showing a strong understanding of end consumer needs.
- Experience of successful development of a finance function – showing excellent personal leadership and operational planning.
- A desire and ability to be a strategic leader in the business.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
Helping you succeed:
- Growing leadership team headed by co-founders in addition to two existing executive directors.
- Two non-executive directors; a former leader of a large and fast-growing cycle industry business and a former FD of two leading cycling business.
- An established finance team with a deep knowledge of the business and the needs of our riders.
- An international presence with worldwide customers, an office in Boulder, Colorado with plans in progress to establish a European subsidiary.
- A portfolio of brands with a track record of strong growth, huge potential, and intention to add & develop more ventures in the business.
- A competitive package, including generous bonus based on company performance.
- The opportunity to lead in the growth of a values led, successful, and ambitious cycling business with a team dedicated to creating better products for devoted riders
Your application has been successfully submitted.